DÉCOUVRIRBIBLIOTHÈQUE
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Presse people
ChatChat

Chat 05-Sep-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Pays:
United Kingdom
Langue:
English
Éditeur:
TI-Media
Lire pluskeyboard_arrow_down
J'ACHÈTE CE NUMÉRO
0,70 €(TVA Incluse)
JE M'ABONNE
39,93 €(TVA Incluse)
50 Numéros

DANS CE NUMÉRO

access_time1 min.
come on in!

When you hear that 71-year-old Linda is a granny who loves gardening, you’d never guess what she got up to in her past (p40). Mark’s devastating story will make you want to hold your family closer (p10). Out hearts go out to him and his daughter Margot. And if you peer in the mirror and see hair sprouting where it shouldn’t, maybe Hope can inspire you not to reach for those tweezers? (p24). As well as all your regular faves, we’ve got the pick of the best jumpsuits (p12). And some adorable elderly pooches (p34). Could you give one a home? Enjoy!…

access_time2 min.
chat to us!

My husband Bertie sadly left us last year after 67 years together, but what lovely memories I have. One is of us in Phantasialand, Germany, 40 years ago. What a lovely day we had! Pamela Maker, Southsea My rescue dog Pixie is adorable. She's a real sweetheart and loved by everyone. Who can blame them - just look at her! Michelle Hodgson, Norwich When next door threw out an old sofa, me and my best friends thought it'd be a great place to hang out! Here we all are - (L-R) Chloe, Nick, me, Maureen, Amber, Amy and Jordan at the back. Samantha Williams, Dudley I'm a huge fan of the one and only Chesney Hawkes and was thrilled I got to meet him and have a photo taken with him. It was my birthday too…

access_time6 min.
‘like getting away with murder’

Sue Bryan, 53 Dressed in a pink outfit, my daughter Jchandra, 8, zoomed from one side of the room to another. ‘When I grow up, I’m going to be a racing-car driver!’ she announced. ‘You’re going to tire yourself out,’ I laughed as she dashed around making car noises. But that was Jchandra, my little ‘tom-princess’. Obsessed with cars and sports, but too much of a girlie girl to be a tomboy. Parading around in pretty dresses, playing with Barbies. It was March 2009 and my two sons – Dustin, then 24, and Jerrett, 20 – had moved out. A single mum, it was just me and Jchandra. We were incredibly close. And when I met Duke, 62, when Jchandra was 13, we became a team. ‘If only I could bottle that energy,’ I sighed to Duke as she raced…

access_time1 min.
blimey!

Cheers to that! When surprise visitors popped over on a sunny day, I fired up the BBQ. When I realised I was out of burger buns, I toasted some bread and cut them into circles using a wine glass as a template. David Evans, Cardiff I’m a little... feeder! We recycled our old teapot into a bird feeder. My partner made a small roof using leftover painted wood, and I glued the pot sideways onto it. Our feathered friends perch on the spout to stop for a feed. Samantha Bateman, Grimsby Panned out To make extra space in my kitchen cupboards, I've screwed a hook to the inside of the doors and use it to store pans. Kirsty McLean, Hull Nailed it! When removing nail varnish, I use a microfibre cloth. It removes all traces of polish quickly and easily. Sarah…

access_time5 min.
gone in a heartbeat

Mark Wilcock, 39, Southport Strolling along a country road, pushing our baby Margot in her pram, my wife Katherine, 35, had never looked more beautiful. Dressed simply, in jeans and a blue jacket, it was the happiness that shone from her causing that glow. And I felt exactly the same. ‘Margot’s going to love splashing in the pool,’ Katherine grinned at me. We were flying to Majorca the next day for our very first family holiday. We’d spent the morning packing, before Katherine went for a nap, feeling exhausted. By our afternoon walk she was back to her old self. Cracking jokes, making me laugh. Her dark hair shining in the sun. Katherine and I had become friends in 2008 when we both worked at Edge Hill University. We finally got together in January 2012, and I felt like the luckiest…

access_time5 min.
who killed baby lollipops?

Back in November 1990, a little boy’s body was found in some bushes on Miami Beach. Just 3 years old, he’d been severely battered. Authorities struggled even to identify him. The boy was so emaciated that he looked skeletal. His right eye was bruised. And he was wearing a soiled nappy and a T-shirt with lollipops on. As police desperately tried to find his parents, he became known as Baby Lollipops. A post-mortem revealed that the tragic tot had died from a fractured skull. But it also showed that there was evidence of more sustained abuse and neglect. The boy had a cigarette burn on his left cheek. Broken teeth and bones. His tiny body was covered in bedsores. Beatings had torn away the tissue between his lips and gums, making eating, drinking and talking painful. His left arm was permanently bent…

help