DÉCOUVRIRBIBLIOTHÈQUE
Presse people
Chat

Chat 02-Jul-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Pays:
United Kingdom
Langue:
English
Éditeur:
TI-Media
Fréquence:
Weekly
Lire plus
Offre spéciale : Save 40% on your subscription!
J'ACHÈTE CE NUMÉRO
0,83 €(TVA Incluse)
JE M'ABONNE
47,47 €28,48 €(TVA Incluse)
50 Numéros

dans ce numéro

1 min.
come on in!

We’ve never been more grateful for our wonderful health service and, this week, nurses Tanya and Clare share with us what the NHS means to them (p34). Tilisha remembers her younger brother Jermaine and explains how his legacy is saving other young lives (p44). And Karise wants to thank a stranger who became a friend just when she needed one most (p58). There’s loads more to enjoy, including supermarket fashion (p12), delicious berry desserts (p40), tons of prize puzzles and a gorgeous free silver-plated chain bracelet (p29). Stay safe and well this week.…

5 min.
thirty years of horror

Tugging at the bottom of his jumper, I glanced up at my mum’s new friend. ‘Hey, mister, it’s my birthday today,’ I said, smiling proudly. It was April 1978 and my 4th birthday. It was the first time I’d ever laid eyes on Arthur Ingram, then 28. He had floppy hair and towered over me. ‘Happy birthday,’ he smiled back. It turned out that this man was my mother’s new boyfriend. And it didn’t take long before his feet were firmly under the table. For the next four years, Arthur became like a dad to me. At weekends, he’d take me strawberry picking. We shared fun days out with his own kids from a previous relationship, too. And if I woke up after having a nightmare, he’d rush to my side. ‘It was just a bad dream,’ he’d soothe, hugging me until…

1 min.
spiral xword

Pepé Le Pew and Hank Hill are both examples of what type of character? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the prize puzzle answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 2 1 Board game (10) 2 Racket, din (5) 3 Mexican filled tortilla (9) 4 Counting frame (6) 5 Refuge, shelter (9) 6 _ Warder, Beefeater (6) 7 Barge (6,4) 8 Singing voice (5) 9 Second-largest city of the Netherlands (9) 10 Compulsory (9) 11 Children, youths (10) 12 Small packet containing salt or sugar (6) 13 Marine reptile with a shell (6) 14 Effortless (4) 15 Part of an egg (4) 16 Boarding establishments for dogs (7) Your answer:…

1 min.
just genius

In the sticks I wanted simple decorations for my new home. So I cut some cardboard into shapes, then my daughters and I collected sticks on a walk, broke them up and, using a glue gun, I stuck them to the card. They look incredible and cost nothing to make. Stacy Gibson, Kingswinford Hanging around Make more room under your sink by adding a pole and hanging spray bottles from it. It leaves space to store things on the bottom. Tracey Ward, Nottingham Hot to chop To keep your wooden chopping board in good condition, apply a small amount of vegetable oil to it before cleaning with a damp hot cloth. It will bring the chopping board up shiny and clean. Kelly Smith, Maidenhead Saucy trick To get the last remnants from the sauce bottle I add a few drops…

4 min.
suffering in silence

Lesley Roberts, 55 Burying my face in my son’s jumper as he engulfed me in one of his famous bear hugs, I fought back tears. It was November 2016 and I’d lost count of how many times I’d had to kiss Alex, 22, goodbye. We’d just enjoyed a lovely family holiday to Gran Canaria. But now it was time for him to fly home to his life in Canada. Four years ago, he’d announced he was moving there for a gap year. At first, it was meant to be temporary. Only, it quickly became apparent Alex wasn’t coming home any time soon. I missed him desperately but he was happy, loved his flat, his fun group of friends. He spent his time off work skiing or snowboarding. ‘I love you, Mum,’ Alex smiled now, kind green eyes shining. ‘Don’t…

1 min.
supermarket style

GEORGE at ASDA All sizes 8-24 STYLE TIP Elongate your silhouette with a V-neck, tie-waist belted jumpsuit. TU at SAINSBURY’S All sizes 8-22 STYLE TIP Update your denim collection with colour. Pair it with neutral tones for a chic look. NUTMEG at MORRISONS All sizes 8-24 STYLE TIP Wear a playsuit with trainers for dressed-down comfort. F&F at TESCO All sizes 6-22 STYLE TIP Colourful accessories are an easy way to add some fun and jazz up simple outfits. WE WANT YOU! WE’RE LOOKING FOR WOMEN JUST LIKE YOU TO APPEAR IN OUR MAGAZINES EVERYONE’S WELCOME, SO APPLY TODAY! go to goodtoknow.co.uk/REAL to find out more details.…