DÉCOUVRIRBIBLIOTHÈQUE
Presse people
Chat

Chat 10-Sep-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Pays:
United Kingdom
Langue:
English
Éditeur:
Future Publishing Ltd
Fréquence:
Weekly
Lire plus
J'ACHÈTE CE NUMÉRO
0,82 €(TVA Incluse)
JE M'ABONNE
46,74 €(TVA Incluse)
50 Numéros

dans ce numéro

1 min.
come on in!

Welcome to this week’s Chat… Just nine days after their wedding, Basil and his bride Ula received devastating news. He tells their heartbreaking story (p24). How did a takeaway kebab show Tessa that it was time to end her violent relationship for good? (p44). And after Kirsten’s divorce, her mental health took a hit. But a bold new hobby gave her the lift she needed (p37). We’re packed with real-life reads, prize puzzles, and there’s fab denim fashion (p12) and tasty 20-minute meals (p40) that you’ll love, so enjoy! Stay safe and well this week.…

1 min.
picture perfect

Me, my husband, Matt, and our two boys, Oliver, 5, and Lucas, 3 months, all had a great time when we went on a trip strawberry picking during lockdown. Kate Anderson, Dawlish Here’s a picture of my dog Saffron waiting for a copy of her favourite magazine. I wonder how many others have kept their Chat clipboards — mine must be over 20 years old now! Angela Grant, Broadstairs I love this picture of my beautiful children. My little Bella, 5, is thrilled to finally be a big sister to Harrison, 5 months. Tracey Logan, Great Barr My partner and I had a fantastic Valentine’s Day adventure when we went gorge walking in the Brecon Beacons. I can’t wait for us to have more adventures again soon! Jenny Cosens, Cwmbran Here’s my daughter Daisy with her daddy Tom,…

5 min.
stolen happiness

Vicky Bassett, 44 Arriving home from school, I headed upstairs to my room and curled up in bed with a Roald Dahl book. It was 1982 and I was just 6 years old. Nobody asked how my day was, what I wanted for tea. See, my family had never been close. No days out or holidays. Playing games with my siblings was a rare event. And my parents, Stephen, then 26, and my mum, then 36, had a turbulent relationship. My mum was shy and reserved. And though Dad fashioned a charming facade in front of others, it was far from the truth. ‘You b***h!’ he’d yell at Mum, followed by a barrage of other insults. I tried to escape in my books, but it wasn’t enough to drown out Dad’s booming voice. Nor the sound of his monstrous fists knocking my…

1 min.
spiral xword

What term is used to describe a red cloud-like area of electrical discharge that can be observed above thunderclouds? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the prize puzzle answer. 1 Citrus fruit (6) 2 Elated (8) 3 _ Jane, American frontierswoman (8) 4 Not as old (7) 5 Ask politely (7) 6 _ Never Dies, 1997 Bond film (8) 7 Clothes cupboard (8) 8 NE African country (5) 9 Men’s outfitter (6) 10 Rash, careless (8) 11 Food fish (6) 12 Roman god of the sea (7) 13 Unpredictable (7) 14 Applauded (7) 15 Heart of _, Joseph Conrad novel (8) 16 Wizard of Oz character (9) WIN £150 Puzzle 3 Your answer:…

1 min.
just genius

Rust in peace Steam made our bathroom cabinet hinges rusty. So we replaced them and sprayed them with a silicone coating – two years on, there’s still no rust! Julie Howard, High Heaton Looking sharp If your favourite T-shirt is looking a bit bobbly, just gently run a razor over it to give it a new lease of life. Just watch your fingers! Tamara Edgerton, Edinburgh Lush loo Keep essential oils next to the toilet and pop a few drops in the bowl after you flush to keep your bathroom smelling sweet. Manisa Kuinkel, Harrow On tape I kept losing my tweezers and nail clippers in my bathroom cabinet, so I attached some magnetic tape to them as well as to the inside of the cabinet door. Now I can find them instantly. Leeanne Maginn, Derry Travel savvy I use clean, empty lip…

5 min.
our boy is a blessing

Moby Gordon, 25 Handing a gift bag to my mother-in-law Christy, 45, I couldn’t wait for her reaction. ‘What’s this?’ she asked, looking bemused. Unwrapping the tiny onesie, she held it up. World’s greatest grandma. ‘We’re having a baby,’ my husband Checotah, 25, beamed. Speechless, with tears in her eyes, Christy wrapped us both in a hug. It was January 2018 and I was six weeks pregnant. We couldn’t wait to tell my parents Olumide, 51, and Olufunke, 47, too. After meeting in October 2012 through mutual friends, Checotah and I had married in November 2013. And from the start, we always wanted a big family. In February, at our eight-week scan, all looked fine. And at 16-weeks, we learnt we were having a boy! Excited, we turned our spare room into a nursery, painting the walls and building a crib that Mum…