DÉCOUVRIRBIBLIOTHÈQUE
Presse people
Chat

Chat 24-Sep-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Pays:
United Kingdom
Langue:
English
Éditeur:
Future Publishing Ltd
Fréquence:
Weekly
Lire plus
J'ACHÈTE CE NUMÉRO
0,82 €(TVA Incluse)
JE M'ABONNE
46,74 €(TVA Incluse)
50 Numéros

dans ce numéro

5 min.
i’d married a monster

Like so many Sundays, I’d spent the day slaving over a roast dinner for my husband Colin. But as I put it in front of him, I saw him frown. ‘Where did you get that beef joint from?’ he snapped. ‘It was in the freezer,’ I said. ‘I was saving that for a special occasion,’ he snarled. Then, without warning, he hurled his plate across the room. It smashed and I watched, horrified, as roast potatoes, carrots and gravy dribbled down the wall. Then Colin stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him. I shouldn’t have been surprised. Ever since we’d married a few months earlier, in April 1984, this was what life had been like. Colin would lose his temper at the smallest thing One night, as we walked home from the pub, he kicked…

5 min.
justice at last

With no chance of getting away and no one to save me, I didn’t fight as Colin made me take off my jeans. I did as I was told. I knew there was no point in screaming or crying. Begging him to stop would only encourage him more. So I bit back tears as he raped me, closed my eyes and prayed for it all to be over. After Colin was done, he started the car engine again. ‘Where are we going now?’ I asked. ‘I don’t know yet. I’m going to keep you for a few days, then decide,’ he growled. Is he going to kill me? My mind was racing, trying to think of how I could get away. ‘I need the toilet,’ I whispered. ‘Go in the bush,’ Colin said. ‘Please, you know I hate the dark,’ I…

1 min.
the tragic story of leanne scott

Colin Hill knew 17-year-old Leanne Scott through her father, a member of the local Hells Angels Motorcycle Club. The teenager, who worked as a stable girl, lived for her horse Solo and dog Holkly. Hill had lured Leanne to the Fox pub in Folksworth, Cambridgeshire, on 13 April 1987 – the day of her 17th birthday. Then Hill had abducted her in his car, just as he’d done to Janet. But, sadly, Leanne didn’t have the same lucky escape. Hill had strangled her, before shooting her in the face. Leanne’s body was discovered tied up and dumped on fenland a mile from her home. Hill had also scratched Leanne’s name into a shotgun cartridge. At Northampton Crown Court, Colin Hill denied murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility, but was convicted. He got an 18-year minimum term…

1 min.
number jig

What do you get if you multiply the number of official languages recognised in the Constitution of South Africa with the number of scheduled languages in the Constitution of India? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize puzzle answer. 3 digits 115 148 242 422 582 584 653 663 688 873 971 4 digits 2506 2806 5344 6100 6482 7054 7486 8235 8388 8600 5 digits 10859 11072 17486 21141 21817 41464 45884 52088 65146 71850 83203 88426 6 digits 223913 332774 365514 365556 838304 847156 878547 7 digits 3006737 3454445 7133377 8 digits 63282391 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 Your answer: SPIRAL XWORD Jean de La Fontaine is associated with which literary form? An example of which is his Death and the Woodsman. The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the prize puzzle answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 3 1 Fruit (6) 2 Strong green aniseed flavoured spirit (8) 3 The Importance of Being Oscar Wilde play (7) 4 Large hairy spider (9) 5 Period between morning and…

1 min.
just genius

£25 For every photo tip that we print Save your spuds Scatter a spoonful of rice under a layer of kitchen paper and pop your potatoes on top – it stops them sprouting too fast. Helen Cameron, London Get moving Help get your car going safely in slippery conditions. Keep a piece of old carpet in your vehicle to put under a skidding tyre. It’s very effective for traction to get your motor moving. Kelly Martin, Leeds Superscooper Pot up your plants efficiently and economically. Cut off a scoop-shaped section from a milk container – this will allow you to direct the compost easily to just where you want it. Helen Lake, Stevenage Plastic fantastic I love growing my own vegetables, but propagators are rather expensive to buy. So, to reduce cost and plastic waste as well, I…

2 min.
win!£1,001 cash!

THE BIGGIE £1,001 What is comedian Romesh Ranganathan’s favourite book? To find out, solve the crossword then read down the shaded squares to find the six-word prize puzzle answer. ACROSS 11 Horse’s fastest pace (6) 12 Building designer (9) 13 Late actor who played Batman, _ West (4) 14 Range of colours (8) 15 Gold bar (5) 16 US coin worth five cents (6) 17 A very young baby (7) 18 Basically (11) 20 Protect from the sun (5) 22 Period of two weeks (9) 24 European country shaped like a boot (5) 28 Small dense chocolate cake (7) 29 English county in East Anglia (7) 32 George _, author of 1984 (6) 34 All at once (8) 36 Friends character, _ Bing (8) 37 A revolt at sea (6) 39 Portable lamp (7) 40 Tottenham _, London football club (7) 45 Fine particles of a liquid (5) 47 Collection of animals (9) 48 Poet…