ZINIO logo
DÉCOUVRIRBIBLIOTHÈQUE
Presse people
Chat

Chat 22-Oct-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Lire plus
Pays:
United Kingdom
Langue:
English
Éditeur:
Future Publishing Ltd
Fréquence:
Weekly
J'ACHÈTE CE NUMÉRO
0,83 €(TVA Incluse)
JE M'ABONNE
47,15 €(TVA Incluse)
50 Numéros

dans ce numéro

1 min.
come on in!

Wherever Sasha went, her ex seemed to be there too. Even when she was home, he was closer than she knew… (p44). When Sophie woke needing a wee, it was the start of a terrifying journey (p37). And read why when Sam’s mates first clocked her wedding dress they thought she was mad (p18). Check out our supermarket-style bargains from £6 (p12) and three sizzling sausage dinners (p40). Not forgetting our fab prize puzzles. Stay safe and well this week. During this worrying time, we wish all of our readers good health. We hope Chat off ers some welcome distraction. If you’re staying in and don’t want to miss out on your copy, you can download an issue from the App Store or Play Store direct to your smartphone or tablet.…

5 min.
predator in the park

Lesley Moule, 69, Cardiff Ambling through my local park in heavy wellies, I gave my greyhound Jess a gentle rub behind the ears. ‘Come on you,’ I called. It was early evening on 19 February 1991 and it was time for our daily stroll. Tonight, we were joined by Phantom, a Malamute owned by my brother Alan, then 44. Walking the dogs was always a good time to wind down after a long day. Working for the Crown Prosecution Service, I faced all sorts of challenges. Still, I had a busy social life, too. Horseriding or going to the golf club with friends. And as I walked through Waterloo Gardens in Cardiff, I thought about my plans for the week. Opting for a different route to usual, I steered the dogs down the path. ‘This way,’ I said. I didn’t see…

1 min.
number jig

What do you get if you multiply the total number of episodes of Brookside ever produced by the total number of series of Last of the Summer Wine? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 208 250 513 554 585 725 730 740 755 868 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 4 digits 1216 2054 2210 3059 5712 6496 7071 7135 7571 9502 5 digits 12724 14236 17408 17894 46255 64368 67704 68705 76752 85004 90365 91674 99110 6 digits 153118 233667 243084 260622 418794 545977 799037 7 digits 4015217 5702528 9578340 8 digits 46789746 Your answer:…

1 min.
spiral xword

American author Sinclair Lewis’ 1922 novel Babbitt is set in a fictional Midwestern city with what name? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the one-word prize answer. Your answer: WIN £150 Puzzle 3 1 South American river (6) 2 Someone sharing a name with another (8) 3 Pop group (10) 4 Wisdom (8) 5 Circular tent (4) 6 East African country (8) 7 Renounce the throne (8) 8 The Comedy of _ (6) 9 The _ Poisonings, 2020 BBC drama (9) 10 Sign of tiredness (4) 11 Australian soap opera (10) 12 Seasoned sausage (6) 13 Gets better at (8) 14 Premiership rugby union club (8) 15 Summer shoe (6) 16 Type of computer (6) TO ENTER Turn to page 56 for details or visit comps.lifedeathprizes.com/puzzles…

1 min.
just genius

Now you see it! If you have a lot of clothes and struggle to get everything in the drawers, store your clothes vertically instead of horizontally. You can see everything you have in your drawers and fit more in. Jodie Evans, Barrow-in-Furness Pillow talk If you don’t have a dedicated bag to use when you’re doing the laundry, then a pillowcase does the job just as well. Donna Gray, Cleveland Inspector gadget If you’re fed up of rummaging through drawers and boxes trying to find the right cords and chargers for your gadgets, use a clear vinyl, over-thedoor shoe organiser and make labels for each pocket so each item has its own spot. Suzy Roswell, Great Yarmouth Living the cream As it gets more difficult to get any more cream out through the end of a tube, cut off the…

5 min.
just a girl who loves to dance

Kimberley Hattersley-Barton, 22, Wakefield Watching my mum shuffle through old family photos, I couldn’t help but be curious. ‘When was this one taken?’ I asked, passing her an old snap. Tubes in my nose, wires dangling around me, I was quite clearly in hospital. Yet, I didn’t look fazed at all. ‘We took this in December 1998,’ my mum Claire, then 43, sighed, thumbing the picture. ‘That was during your cancer treatment.’ See, when I was 13 months old, I was diagnosed with a rare childhood soft-tissue cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma. Luckily, I didn’t remember much of that time. But for my parents, it was another story. They’d bravely watched me endure gruelling chemo and radiotherapy. When I should’ve been taking my first steps, I was hooked up to hospital machines. Still, they’d stayed strong. And when I was 2½, I was given the…