ZINIO logo
DÉCOUVRIRBIBLIOTHÈQUE
Presse people
Chat

Chat 29-Oct-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Lire plus
Pays:
United Kingdom
Langue:
English
Éditeur:
Future Publishing Ltd
Fréquence:
Weekly
J'ACHÈTE CE NUMÉRO
0,83 €(TVA Incluse)
JE M'ABONNE
47,15 €(TVA Incluse)
50 Numéros

dans ce numéro

1 min.
picture perfect

My husband, David, tried to hitch a ride with this witch on her broomstick at the annual Scarecrow Festival in West Yorkshire last year. Safe to say he didn’t get very far! Gillian Jackson, Todmorden Meet my new family member, Del, whose name means ‘pretty’ in Welsh. He is full of mischief and there is never a dull moment when he’s around. Jane Hughes, Holywell Halloween parties are a favourite of my wife, Danny, and mine. We’ll take any excuse to dress up and put some make up on! Ryan Harden, Clwyd I was surprised to see these two unusual creatures at my back door! Here are my sons, Rory, 10, and Fraser, 5. Natasha Douglas, Rainham Every year our family get together for a Halloween party where we dress up, play games and eat spooky food. Here…

5 min.
fallen hero

Ashleigh Preston, 20, London Watching my brother Craig packing his bags, I had tears in my eyes. ‘I’ll only be a few streets away, sis,’ he said, ruffling my hair. ‘Come round whenever you want.’ Ever since I could remember, Craig had been my best mate. Fifteen years older than me, we shared the same dad. A proper joker, he always had me in stitches. And although we’d fight like cat and dog, Craig was the first person I’d turn to with a problem. He was my hero, someone I knew would always be on my side. Only now, in 2006, I was 6 and Craig was in his early 20s and moving out into his own place. I missed having him around - but, true to his word, I was always welcome at his house. Most weekends, I’d be…

1 min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG Including the days that he was appointed to and left the office, for how many days was Tony Blair the Prime Minister of the UK? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 131186247300471494586673769932 4 digits 10391149154515643418356937095785579864766517690073957978 5 digits 1413423947344924241943308451844793452744546336128772288 6 digits 136883560444645857 7 digits 183141470786168152610 8 digits 32216216363919653837549541181744 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 Your answer: PIECEWORD What surname is shared by the author and broadcaster whose most recent novel was 2019’s Love Without End and the singer-songwriter whose most recent EP of new songs was 2017’s Bridges Not Walls? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the one-word prize answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 3 Your…

1 min.
just genius

What a gem My jewellery kept getting tangled up in my wardrobe, so I decided to glue some picture-hanging hooks to the back of my wardrobe door. It makes them super easy to get hold of and stops them from becoming tangled together. Jenny Haslam, Chesterfield Brr-illiant I don’t waste money buying wine chillers, instead I use silver foil which I keep in the fridge. If you wrap it around the wine bottle, it makes an excellent chiller and can be used time and time again. Hazel Bryan, Liverpool Wool-d you believe it? Rubber stoppers for wine bottles make excellent ‘needle stoppers’ too, preventing your knitting from sliding off the needles when you put it down. Marie James, Chesterfield It’s lit If you have a gas hob and the rings need to be lit manually, keep a small, non-flammable container…

5 min.
beards, bumps and breaking the mould

Kayden Coleman, 34 Rushing to the loo for the umpteenth time, I started wondering if something might be wrong. It was September 2013, and I’d needed to wee more than usual recently, had gained a few pounds, too. What’s up with my body? I fretted. Laying on my tummy one evening, I felt something under me. At first, I thought it was the pillow. Then I realised it was coming from inside my belly! But it couldn’t be… Could it? ‘I’m going to take a pregnancy test,’ I told my partner Elijah, then 26. An hour later, I held a positive pregnancy test in my hand. ‘We’re in trouble,’ Elijah laughed. And at the doctor’s, more surprises. ‘You’re five months gone,’ he said to me. Stunned into silence, I tried to process it all… And I bet you’re trying, too. Yes, I have…

1 min.
how to wear… moody blooms

STYLE TIP Wear this outfit with the jumper tucked in to define the waist. Tonal accessories finish off the look in style. STYLE TIP Wear high-waisted, wide-leg jeans to highlight your waist and elongate the leg. Heeled boots add extra height. STYLE TIP Jumpsuits are comfortable and easy to wear. Take the outfit from day to night by swapping the trainers for heels. STYLE TIP Wear chunky ankle boots with floral midi dresses for the perfect autumnal look.…