2 Tbsp. adobo (from 1 can chipotle chiles in adobo)
2 Tbsp. honey
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined Kosher salt
½ cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1 lime, halved
1 small red onion, halved through root end, thinly sliced
8 corn tortillas
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
¼ head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
Cilantro leaves with tender stems and lime wedges (for serving)
1. Stir adobo and honey in a medium bowl to combine. Add shrimp, season with salt, and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. Mix mayonnaise and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl. Add garlic, season with salt, and stir to combine. Set garlic crema aside.
3. Squeeze lime juice into another small bowl and add onion and a pinch of salt. Massage onion with your hands until it begins to soften.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Working in batches, warm tortillas in skillet until pliable and starting to darken, about 45 seconds per side. Transfer tortillas to a kitchen towel as you go and wrap up to keep warm.
5. Keep skillet over medium-high heat and pour in oil. Once oil is shimmering, add shrimp mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
6. Unwrap tortillas. Build tacos with shrimp, cabbage, onion, cilantro, and reserved garlic crema. Serve with lime wedges. ■