EXPLORARBIBLIOTECA
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Carros & Motos
AutosportAutosport

Autosport 13/06/19

The UK’s ‘must-read’ motorsport magazine AUTOSPORT is revered by fans and industry personnel alike as the ultimate source of motorsport news and analysis. The magazine’s expert editorial covers all aspects of the sport, from major international series such as Formula 1, Sports Car racing and the World Rally Championship, to the less glamorous but hugely important grassroots events in UK club motorsport

País:
United Kingdom
Língua:
English
Editora:
Autosport Media UK Ltd
Ler Maiskeyboard_arrow_down
ASSINATURA
US$112,92
51 Edições

NESTA EDIÇÃO

access_time2 minutos
sticking to the rules vs letting them race

It looked as though Ferrari was finally going to break its 2019 duck in Canada last weekend. Sebastian Vettel took a brilliant pole on Saturday and seemed capable of holding Lewis Hamilton off a day later. But then he made another mistake. Vettel’s subsequent penalty for rejoining the track in an unsafe manner was incredibly unpopular and spoiled what had been a fine contest between two of the top three drivers of the past decade. But, as Edd Straw shows in our report on page 18, the current rules – and precedent – mean that the stewards had to give Vettel a penalty. It’s understandable Ferrari wanted to appeal, but it seems unlikely that the result of the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix will change. That doesn’t mean the penalty was right, just that…

access_time4 minutos
vettel furious over f1 ‘lawyer’ racing

FORMULA 1 Sebastian Vettel feels that Formula 1 is no longer the sport he grew up enjoying and that drivers now sound “like lawyers”, following the penalty that cost him victory in last Sunday’s Canadian Grand Prix. Ferrari driver Vettel was deeply disappointed at losing the win in Montreal when he was handed a five-second penalty for rejoining the track in an unsafe way and impeding the Mercedes of eventual victor Lewis Hamilton, having gone off-track briefly at the Turns 3/4 chicane. Having calmed down from a post-race radio rant, Vettel said the debate over the incident showed how F1 had changed for the worse. “I really love the old races, the old cars and old drivers,” said Vettel. “But I just wish I, as good as I am doing what I do,…

access_time1 minutos
$175m f1 budget cap for 2021

FORMULA 1 A cost cap of $175million per year is set to be imposed on Formula 1 squads from the 2021 season, obliging top teams Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull to trim their budgets. The number will be enshrined in the newly created F1 financial regulations, which will stand alongside the existing FIA sporting and technical regulations. The document has been put together by former Honda, Brawn and Mercedes financial boss Nigel Kerr. He was brought to the F1 organisation by Ross Brawn in 2017, and given the title of finance director, motorsports, with a brief of creating a workable cost cap. The $175m figure is seen as a compromise, as the original plan was to start with a higher number with a glide path down to a lower figure. It will be in…

access_time1 minutos
works team plans to keep ford gt in wec

WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP Ford may yet be on the GTE Pro grid for the 2019-20 World Endurance Championship. The marque’s factory campaign comes to an end with this weekend’s Le Mans 24 Hours, but the Multimatic team that runs the cars is still working on putting together a deal to race on as a privateer. The team, which runs the two Ford GTs under the Chip Ganassi Racing banner from a base near Silverstone, hasn’t given up hope of being on the grid for the series opener at its home track in September. That’s despite missing the entry deadline at the end of last month. “We would like to continue running the cars, why wouldn’t we?” said Multimatic Motorsport boss Larry Holt. “It would be tragic if we had to put them in…

access_time1 minutos
risk manager chilton pulls out of ovals

INDYCAR Ex-Formula 1 driver Max Chilton has stepped away from driving in the remaining oval races on this year’s IndyCar schedule. The Carlin team announced last week that Chilton would not contest any of the four oval rounds, beginning with last weekend’s Texas Motor Speedway event, although he will continue to drive the team’s #59 car as planned on road and street courses. Chilton did not give a full explanation for his decision to stand aside, but cited “risk management” as one of his core concerns while praising the steps IndyCar has taken to improve safety. “I would like to thank [sponsor] Gallagher for being supportive of my decision to not compete in the remaining oval races this season,” said Chilton. “Risk management is a central consideration of both Gallagher and myself in how…

access_time2 minutos
dallara’s new ‘old f3’ car

EUROFORMULA OPEN Dallara has revealed a brand-new junior single-seater car – codenamed the 320 – for Euroformula Open and the Japanese Formula 3 Championship. The car, which sports a halo, is effectively the continuation of the old philosophy of F3, with homologation of the existing F312-generation cars – which were given an aero and safety update two years ago with the F317 – set to expire at the end of this season. Both championships registered interest with Dallara in 2018 about a new car that featured the halo but continued the‘spirit’ of F3, as they were unwilling to join the FIA’s Regional F3 concept to retain their International series status. Dallara started work on a new car that would match the F317’s 580kg minimum weight with driver (compared to 650kg for Regional F3), basing…

help