ZINIO logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Promis & Gesellschaft
Chat

Chat 03-Sep-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
ABONNIEREN
CHF 48.36
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

5 Min.
holiday with a monster

Jodie Connor, 38, Leicester Flicking through Facebook pictures of the holiday camp, I looked up at my boyfriend Shaun, then 40. ‘Let’s go for a romantic weekend to Butlin’s!’ he’d suggested in August 2019. But, with five kids, it wasn’t easy to get away. Still, I knew it’d be fun. And a change of scenery would do me and Shaun some good. Our relationship had been rocky recently… We’d been together for two years. At first, he’d been so warm and charming, treated me to fancy dinners and cocktails. Even when I explained I had five children from previous relationships, he wasn’t fazed. He’d do anything for me. So we’d moved into his house in March 2018. It was chaotic, but we had so much fun. To begin with, at least. In time, though, Shaun began to change. He drank more, became jealous, nitpicking…

1 Min.
just genius

No more draughts I added keyrings to the ends of my draught excluders and put hooks on the doors to hang them on, to keep them in place. Theresa Cansdale, Osbournby Flower raiser Flowers too short for your vase? Scrunch up the cellophane wrapping they come in and stuff it into the bottom of the vase before filling with water. It will give your flowers height and it looks nice too. Christine Smith, Uddingston Organisation is key Organisers that hold your remote control can be expensive. Instead, I bought this plastic sink tidy from a local bargain shop, which does just as good a job. Michelle Preen, Wallsend Wax off When your favourite scented candle finishes, break up the leftover wax into smaller pieces using a knife and use it in a wax or oil burner to ensure there’s no…

5 Min.
unforgettable

June Williams, 45, Nottingham Shading between the lines of her colouring book, my lovely daughter, Jodie, 18, looked totally relaxed – content, even. In that moment, in November 2017, the humming of the hospital machines faded into the background. All the other patients, nurses and doctors vanished. And above all, she was no longer a cancer patient. Just my gorgeous, strong, vivacious girl. These colouring books had been a godsend for Jodie’s anxiety. See, in May 2017, Jodie was at the Manchester Arena when a terrorist detonated a suicide bomb, killing 22 people. I’ll never forget that phone call. ‘Mum, a bomb’s just gone off!’ she said to me. My blood ran cold. Thankfully, she was safe, and her dad Damian rushed to pick her up. Others weren’t so lucky. But as the reality of what she’d witnessed hit her, she began to…

2 Min.
the biggie

WIN £1,001 Puzzle 5 What connects actor Ving Rhames and singer Barry Manilow? To find out, solve the crossword then read down the shaded squares to find the two-word prize answer. ACROSS 1 _ Fawlty, character played by John Cleese (5) 4 Drinks delicately (4) 6 Someone who looks after sheep (8) 13 Roman god of the sea (7) 14 Sweetheart (7) 15 Rafael _, tennis player (5) 16 Plug for wine bottle (4) 17 Money earned (6) 18 Secret plot (6) 20 Curse (4) 21 Sound made by a dog (5) 22 Improvises (2-4) 25 Popular American sport (8) 28 London landmark (3,3) 30 _ Maradona, retired Argentinian footballer (5) 32 Reading group (4,4) 34 Two-seater bicycle (6) 35 Jump over a rope (4) 38 Wound (6) 39 Big cat (5) 40 Set off (6) 43 Break into a computer (4) 44 Travelling company of entertainers (6) 45 Stops from happening (8) 48 Previous (5) 49 Cereal made…

4 Min.
sink or swim

Setting sail for Italy on 21 May 2006, Lonnie Kocontes and his wife Micki Kanesaki, then 52, knew it was the last chance they’d have to save their relationship. This cruise was make or break. Reconciliation? After years of fighting, they hoped it would help them get things back on track. Lonnie and Micki had married in 1995, but their union didn’t last long. In 2001, they divorced, but continued to live together while they worked to split their finances. Then Lonnie started dating Amy Nguyen, who he met online in 2002. Meanwhile, divorce settlements between Lonnie and Micki had become bitter. They were arguing over who should get the house in Orange County, California. In 2005, Lonnie married Amy in Las Vegas. But just months later, he returned to his ex-wife, moving back into the marital home. As the…

1 Min.
what’s the verdict? guilty

After a three-month-long trial, it took jurors just a few hours to find Lonnie Kocontes guilty of special-circumstances murder for financial gain for the slaying of his wife Micki Kanesaki, 52. Assistant District Attorney Susan Price said Kocontes was the only person on the ship with a motive to kill Micki. ‘She didn’t deserve to have her life taken from her that night by someone who decided she had no more worth to him,’ Susan Price told jurors. ‘Only one person in this world felt she was holding him back. Only one person felt she was being unreasonable.’ Incredibly, in the lead up to the trial, Kocontes, was also charged with soliciting a fellow inmate to kill Amy Nguyen to stop her from testifying. Kocontes has denied that allegation and was set to be tried…