ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Promis & Gesellschaft
Chat

Chat 15-Oct-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
ABONNIEREN
CHF 48.36
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min.
come on in!

Welcome to this week’s Chat… Heidi knew her ex was unreliable but he was hiding something so much darker (p44). Megan and her twin are very different – and not just in how they look. But they share a bond that only sisters can (p10). A stranger’s brutal words made Viv and her hubby rethink everything (p37). We’ve got comforting dinners for cosy nights in (p40) and the latest coats if you’re venturing out (p12) as well as all the Chat faves you love. Stay safe and well this week. During this worrying time, we wish all of our readers good health. We hope Chat offers some welcome distraction. If you’re staying in and don’t want to miss out on your copy, you can download an issue from the App Store or Play Store direct to…

5 Min.
danger on the doorstep

Plaiting my daughter’s long, brown hair, I reminded myself to cherish moments like these. Life as a single mum wasn’t always easy. But all too soon, Sienna, 14, would be grown up and leaving home. I knew one day I’d look back fondly on memories like this. ‘Beautiful!’ I smiled as Sienna admired her plaits in the mirror. It was September 2018 and we were having a cosy night in. Films, popcorn and face masks – all the essentials for girls’ night. ‘Can we watch Mean Girls?’ Sienna asked as I got into my pyjamas. But before I could reply, I heard screams from outside. My heart raced as I dashed to my bedroom window. I’d half-expected to witness a mugging, or worse, on the street below. Instead, I spotted a drunk couple pushing and shoving each other…

1 Min.
pieceword

The titular creature of British author Dick King-Smith’s The Water Horse is a type of water spirit more commonly known as what? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the prize puzzle answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 3 1 Rubbish • Pavement edge 3 Vex, upset 5 _ Luthor, Superman’s nemesis • _ Nevis, Scottish mountain 7 Business partner 9 Singing voice • Crimson _, 1995 action drama film Your answer:…

1 Min.
genius

Flights of fancy When preparing for a flight, I put everything I need in a packing cube. It keeps my pens, glasses, books, money and sweets together and fits neatly into the netting of the seat in front. Carole Wood, Barnsley Cream of the crop When going away for a few days, don’t take large tubs of face cream. Just refill a make-up counter sample pot with your own moisturiser. H Reddish, Chesterfield Just in case Keep your panty liners clean, dry and hidden while travelling by putting them in a glasses case. Ann Johnson, Runcorn Hold on to hangers When packing, keep clothes on hangers in your suitcase. It makes unpacking much easier when you arrive at your destination! Marian Barnes, Bognor Regis Peg it! Take a peg when you stay in hotels and use it to keep the bristles of your…

5 Min.
my big little sis

Swishing my pink princess dress from side to side, I paused. Looking up, I watched as my twin sister Jess placed a shiny cardboard crown on my head. We were 6. We’d spent the afternoon cutting out the card and sticking on plastic jewels and glitter. ‘Now for yours,’ I grinned excitedly, reaching up as far as I could. But I couldn’t even reach her waist. ‘Here, I’ll do it,’ Jess offered, grabbing her crown and putting it on her head. Looking up at her, I scrunched my face in confusion. Jess always seemed to tower over me. My mum Kelly, then 35, had told me I was a minute older than my twin sister. Yet, I was so much smaller. My arms stumpy, my legs short. I’d struggle to reach things from the kitchen side, even with a little stool. It…

2 Min.
the biggie

What links British actor Rakhee Thakrar and US rapper Ja Rule? To find out, solve the crossword then read down the shaded squares to find the five-word prize answer. WIN £1,001 Puzzle 5 ACROSS 1 The Transporter actor, _ Statham (5) 4 Ready to be eaten (4) 6 Existing in large amounts (8) 13 Study of past events (7) 14 Male chicken that crows (7) 15 Jeremy _, Die Hard: With a Vengeance actor (5) 16 Be in front (4) 17 Create a new machine or process (6) 18 Breathe with difficulty (6) 20 Feeling Good singer, _ Simone (4) 21 Christina Aguilera hit, _ in a Bottle (5) 22 Ran away to get married (6) 25 Common, everyday (8) 28 Mild and soothing (6) 30 Livin’ La Vida Loca singer, _ Martin (5) 32 French loaf of bread (8) 34 Church minister (6) 35 Smooth and level (4) 38 Is jealous…