ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Promis & Gesellschaft
Chat

Chat 12-Nov-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
ABONNIEREN
CHF 48.11
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min.
welcome to this week’s chat…

Chloe’s miracle daughter was 3 years old when she met her twin – because of the wonders of science (p24). of science (p24). Tim shares how two families came together, all thanks to their extra-special sons (p34). And the police had a case to answer when a man was shot dead by an officer, when he was completely naked (p16). naked (p16). There’s tons more real life, puzzles, prizes, tips, pics and ideas for two of our fave things about winter – boots (p12) and pies (p40)! We hope you enjoy. Stay safe and well this week.…

1 Min.
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@futurenet.com. Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

5 Min.
not one monster… but two

Sumayya Miah, 23, Luton As Jakhir blew on the dice in my hand, I burst into a fit of giggles. ‘Good luck,’ he smiled. Shaking the dice, I launched them across the board. ‘Four!’ I shouted, moving the plastic princess four spaces along. ‘Well done, sweetheart,’ Jakhir said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. It was August 2004 and I was 6. Jakhir Hussain, then 21, was my stepdad’s cousin and had been living with me, my mum Lucinda, then 25, and my stepdad Luke, then 44, for a month. Every day, Jakhir and I played board games, coloured drawings and watched films together. Being an only child, I loved the company. ‘Sumayya! I have goodies!’ he’d yell, arriving home with a bag of sweets. Two months later, in October 2004, I was watching TV when Jakhir called me…

1 Min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG How many times are the five vowels used in the common names of the 50 US states? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 177 402 468 502 618 658 675 698 877 946 990 4 digits 1010 2183 2327 2537 2643 3422 4376 5794 7567 8009 8269 9089 9150 5 digits 18869 34966 38668 46660 49616 51319 55288 56343 76585 85613 90040 6 digits 178855 392899 514989 7 digits 8885669 9042943 9669092 8 digits 58477283 69889935 83605113 95933966 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 PIECEWORD Which composer wrote The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, famously featured in the Disney film Fantasia? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the one-word prize answer. 2 Teenage Mutant _ Turtles, cartoon • 24 hours 4 Sphere, globe • The _ of Hearts, Character in Alice’s WIN £150 Puzzle 3 Adventures in Wonderland 6 Vote in • Hot drink 8 Edible fish • The _ UK, Reality…

1 Min.
just genius

Lost and found Add your contact details, such as phone number, to a clear plastic key fob so you can be called in the event that you lose your keys. Tony Claire, Brighouse Hanging around When our little one outgrew her pretty T-shirts, I simply sewed along the bottom and arm openings to make peg bags. Lynne Newton, Durham Easy squeezy To easily clean inside your microwave, squeeze lemon juice into a cup of water, before dropping the lemon in, and put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. The mess on the inside will now come off easily with a cloth and the lemon will eliminate any odours. Duncan Kinloch, Blackburn Top that! To get the fluffy bits off my top, I placed strips of sticky tape across it before pulling each of them off slowly. I…

5 Min.
life in fast forward

Katherine Besch, 27 Walking out of the cinema, I couldn’t take my eyes off Jake. He was so cute, hilariously funny. I’d liked him from the get-go. But hanging out with a big group of friends, I didn’t have the chance to speak to him alone. So when he sent me a Facebook friend request later that night in December 2009, I was truly overjoyed. Do you fancy hanging out with me next weekend? he’d typed. Sure! I wrote back excitedly. And within weeks, we were inseparable. He was my first real boyfriend, my first love. I’d never felt happier. Then, in May 2010, we discovered I was pregnant. We were only 17, and had no idea what to do. I came from a strict Christian family and knew they’d be furious if they found out. But we had no choice in the…