ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Chat

Chat 11-Mar-2021

Zu den Favoriten hinzufügen

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
ABONNIEREN
CHF 51.10
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

We all like to think that we’re our pets’ No.1. But when Rachel found out that there was another love in her spaniel Duke’s life, she agreed to something pretty unusual — and it really put a smile on our faces (p18)! As usual, we’ve got a bit of everything in this week’s Chat, including the strange case of the woman who joked about killing her husband, only for him to end up dead. Was she really the killer (p16)? Plus our fab prize puzzles, Mother’s Day sweet treats (p40), funky tumblers (p29) and much more! Stay safe and well this week.…

1 Min.
picture perfect

Here’s my wonderful mum Heather, who’s had a tough time battling breast cancer, as well as COVID early last year. She’s the bravest person I know and I love her more than anything!Dana Thomas, Caernarfon My sister’s Pomeranian dog is a bit of a diva, so she called her Gaga after the famous singer. I decided to dress her up in a pink wig and some pop star glasses so she’d look the part.Lucy Hill, Halifax Sadly our grandson Leon, in Australia, has to make do with video calls to see his granddad Rich and I in the UK. We are counting down the days until we can see him.Joanne Aitchison, Wirral My daughter Caitlin, 19, is a huge Dancing On Ice fan, so was thrilled when she met professional skater Vanessa Bauer…

5 Min.
‘what has he done to me?’

Danielle Jones, 27 Grabbing my laptop,I logged in and started bashing out an advert. Looking for a flatmate, I typed, anxiety twisting in my tummy. It was February 2016, and my friend had suddenly moved out of our shared flat, giving me no notice. As a part-time waitress, I was skint, too. So, needing a snappy solution, here I was, resorting to an ad on Craigslist, a website for classified ads. Within minutes, my phone rang. ‘I’m Byron. I’ve just seen your ad,’ a man said. He told me he was a personal trainer who’d just moved to the area. He sounded friendly. Two days later, we met at a cafe in a nearby shopping centre. Byron waved me over to his table. ‘You must be Danielle,’ he smiled, shaking my hand. For an hour, we chatted. ‘I’m applying to be a police officer,’…

1 Min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG Tadej Pogacar won the General Classification at the 2020 Tour de France. What was his winning time in seconds? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 242 331 594 601 637 753 775 841 964 999 4 digits 1026 2161 2195 2593 2965 7022 7070 8239 8962 9300 5 digits 12396 26609 38056 38589 42925 47267 47986 51522 55095 60894 63390 68732 6 digits 154608 237764 298344 314405 431092 494181 532639 902383 7 digits 3589763 6324465 8117651 8 digits 23047155 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 Your answer: PIECEWORD Caffe d’orzo is an Italian caffeine-free alternative to coffee, made from what? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the prize answer. 2 Sew or embellish 4 Droop, slump • The_ Witch Project, 1999 film 6 Mistake • Snoop 8 Swing back and forth WIN £150 Puzzle 3 Your answer: TAKE THREE In architecture, what word is used for a…

1 Min.
just genius

A grate idea When you don’t have a cheese grater to hand, simply use a sharp potato peeler. I find that the thin slices of cheese melt just as easily as the grated stuff.Andrea Hildreth, Warrington Brush up your act An old toothbrush is the perfect shape and size to clean the drawer of your washing machine. A regular wipe around will keep it fresh and avoid odours.Mark Attwood, Basingstoke Diamonds are forever Do you have face masks with diamonds or sequins on? Pop them in a pillow case before putting them in the washing machine. It will protect your other clothes from catching on the jewels — and will catch any which may come loose.Sharon Carey, Runcorn The price is right I buy essentials from a variety of shops, but sometimes can’t remember where I’ve bought…

5 Min.
a cuddle worth fighting for

Beccy Hunter, 40, Sutton Coldfield I jumped out my skin as my partner, Jamie, 38, suddenly flung his arms in the air. ‘Goal!’ he screamed from next to me on the sofa. He was footy mad. If he wasn’t watching it, he was coaching it — he lived and breathed the game. Jamie was a PE teacher during the week and, at weekends, trained kids at our local football club, Sutton United FC. We’d met in August 2010. My son and daughter, then 9 and 5, played at the club, and the older one joined Jamie’s team. I wasn’t single so, at first, I was just another mum watching her son play. But Jamie and I chatted. We had loads in common, loved binge watching box sets, and we’d share recommendations every week with each other. Jamie made…