ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Chat

Chat 18-Mar-2021

Zu den Favoriten hinzufügen

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
Angebot: Get 40% OFF with code: JOY40
ABONNIEREN
CHF 51.10
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min.
welcome to this week’s chat…

When the RSPCA told us about cocker spaniel Dustin, we knew we had to share his story. The poor pup had been abandoned, twice. But you can’t keep a good dog down… (p37) Nicola has another inspiring tale (p10). When searching for a kidney donor for her son, she didn’t get one offer but 100! As well as stories to give you the warm and fuzzies, we’ve got cracking crime, including a chilling case that was described as ‘an almost perfect murder’ (p16). Then there’s St Patrick’s Day recipes (p40), supermarket style (p12), advice from our Nelly, the chance to win a holiday to Portugal – and more! Stay safe and well this week.…

1 Min.
picture perfect

Just look how excited our two labradoodles, Casper and Cagney, are for the moment we get to our destination and they can have a runaround at last! Dannii Truby, New Barnet My little boy, Lochlan, certainly looks surprised by something that’s going on. But it seems his twin, Maximus, either hasn’t noticed, or simply isn’t that bothered! Victoria Lee, Market Weighton How funny is this picture of my eldest granddaughter, Abigail, and her horse Twister? He gives a whole new meaning to the term ‘horsing around’. Kay Dyche, Swadlincote I’ve recently been reminiscing about the good times and looking at past holiday pictures. I just love this snap of me looking as though I’m holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy in 2018. It was exhausting work! Heather Sutcliffe, Hebden Bridge Me and my other half,…

5 Min.
‘he’s killed them all’

Danielle Lear, 43 Cosying up to my brother Jesse Northrup, then 5, I watched the flames flicker on the campfire. Our mum Candy, then 34, and stepdad Edwin Bidlack were sitting with us. ‘Jesse, it’s time for bed, sweetheart,’ Mum said. ‘Let him stay up a little longer,’ I pleaded. ‘Oh, go on then,’ she smiled. It was June 1993 and I was having the best weekend. Although I was 10 years older than Jesse, I never went anywhere without him. When I learnt to drive at 17, I’d take him to the shops, friends’ houses, the cinema. We were inseparable. Until I turned 18, and it was time to leave home. Soon after, I met someone and we started a family Yet I called Jesse all the time, and once a year, I’d travel home to see everyone. We’d still all go…

1 Min.
win! £500cash!

NUMBER JIG According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the tallest stilts ever successfully used measured how many centimetres in height? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 142 264 465 476 531 543 575 647 649 815 4 digits 1641 3216 3825 4403 4456 5437 5624 6486 6691 7378 7449 7602 8627 9004 5 digits 17266 27590 27724 53525 59441 61854 64587 66723 81124 85871 85970 6 digits 223247 585889 725058 7 digits 6567256 7194457 8872925 8 digits 10732403 16662780 65176802 65292915 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 Your answer: SPIRAL XWORD Akukri might be carried by what sort of soldier? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the one-word prize answer. 1 Large cash prize (7)2 Roofing items (5)3 _ the Hedgehog, video game character (5)4 Central American country whose capital is San Jose (5,4)5 Overseas (6)6_ Liaisons, 1989 film starring Glenn Close (9)7 State capital of California (10)8 Lotion, salve (8)9 The Old _ and the New _,…

1 Min.
just genius

Nailed it A sheet of wood with nails in is a great place to hang tools and equipment, to keep a tidy garage, greenhouse or shed. W Freeman, Great Missenden Out of sight The window on my back door has a large pane of glass which made me feel vulnerable come the evening, so I cut up an old shower curtain and put it on a net wire. Now I don’t mind going in and out of the kitchen at night-time. Judith Davies, Ellesmere Seal of approval Clothes pegs aren’t just useful for hanging clothes out to dry – I also use them to keep half-eaten bags of snacks, such as crisps, sealed and fresh. Melissa Guy, Doncaster Sweet treat Save small jam jars to refill with your skincare products when going on holiday. They weigh very…

5 Min.
‘help save my boy!’

Nicola Davies, 38, Bicester As the nurse put gel onto my tum, I grinned at my girls. ‘Let’s see if you’re having a brother or sister,’ I said to Georgia, then 7, and Chloe, then 3, as they bounced in their seats with excitement. It was January 2016 and I was at my 20-week scan. My girls were busting to see if I was having a boy or a girl, and so was I. Over 100 people were willing to risk their lives for Ethan Then I noticed the nurse was frowning at the screen image. Something was wrong... The picture showed my baby’s kidneys were damaged and the bladder was bigger than the head. It was a harrowing sight. I tried to keep it together in front of my girls, but back home, I broke down…