ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Chat

Chat 25-Mar-2021

Zu den Favoriten hinzufügen

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
Angebot: Get 40% OFF with code: JOY40
ABONNIEREN
CHF 51.10
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min.
welcome to this week’s chat…

As usual, so many of Chat’s stories this week are all about family. Melissa turned to her sister-inlaw Amy after a truly harrowing time. What Amy did next is astonishing (p10). What Ella achieved with her family’s support is amazing, even though it wasn’t always easy (p37). Then there’s Ness and her daughter Ellie (p58), who’ve both fought the same battle. You’ll also find ideas to jazz up a quick chicken dinner (p40), statement jumpers (p12) and loads more, including our fab prize puzzles. Plus, don’t miss the amazing Product of the Year goody bag giveaway (p14). Stay safe and well this week.…

1 Min.
picture perfect

Such a special picture of my daughters, Valia, 2, and Mia, 3, sharing a moment as they pick daffodils for their great-granny. Dawn Johnston, Orkney It looks like there is a fire somewhere and the services have sent out their best team – my cat, Sky, is off to the rescue! Jane Whitaker, Birchington Here is my boy, Coco, lounging around in his new jumper. It was two sizes too big for him, but at least it did the job of keeping him nice and warm. Maria Ioannou, Hatfield I just had to take advantage of this photo op at The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, Texas. It was taken in 2017 while I was doing Route 66 for my 40th birthday. Amanda Wells, Washington, Tyne and Wear We had lots of snow in Sheffield earlier this…

5 Min.
my best mate des

Andrea Kubinova, 30, Barnet Dusting under the cards along my mantelpiece, I smiled as I reached the centrepiece. A pair of brown-rimmed spectacles. Holding the frame between my fingertips, I delicately polished the lenses. ‘Oh, how I miss you,’ I sighed, stroking the ceramic urn beside them. But the cards, specs and ashes weren’t mementos of a lost parent or other elderly relative. They’d once belonged to a man many considered a monster, one of the vilest serial killers to ever stalk Britain. My best friend Des. It was 2014 when I first heard about Dennis Nilsen. ‘Try reading this,’ my friend suggested, lending me a book on serial killers. ‘It’s not normally my cup of tea,’ I shrugged, but I found it fascinating. And Dennis’ story stuck with me. He’d murdered as many as 15 teenage boys and young…

1 Min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG How fast is the speed of light in furlongs per second? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 103127144587591664719890909960 4 digits 1300141427613417390549815906603170549800 5 digits 112311471215901167512462625307339826437474666773558327599030 6 digits 214715383623431446608399700416732145961012 7 digits 1490259293408633763503445875 8 digits 64843711 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 Your answer: PIECEWORD The newton-metre is the SI derived nit for what quantity? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the one-word prize answer. ACROSS 2 Pertaining to birds • Grease, lubricate 4 Deity • Interior 6 French for ‘farewell’ • Speak 8 Consume • _ Times a Lady, Commodores hit WIN £150 Puzzle 3 Your answer: TAKE THREE What is British singer Ella Mai’s highest charting single in the UK to…

2 Min.
just genius

Piece of cake When baking, I use a clothes peg to secure a paper loaf liner in place in a tin. It reduces the risk of spillages when it comes to pouring in the mixture. Daphne Jones, Rhyl On the map Use pages torn from an old, unused road atlas as a cheap and eco-friendly way of wrapping small gifts. You can also personalise the gift by choosing an area on the map that has significance to the recipient. Barbara Trevitt, Newcastle upon Tyne Solved! Every week I do the puzzles in Chat magazine, but always find myself hunting around for pens and scissors. I turned an unused spice rack jar set I found into a station for my stationery, and now I have everything I need at my fingertips. Karen Dirs, Kegworth On a roll When a door in…

5 Min.
offer of a lifetime

Melissa Hosegood, 37, Newbridge, New Forest As I took a pregnancy test in the bathroom, my stomach did somersaults. And then I saw it... Positive. ‘We’re having a baby!’ I squealed, running to show my boyfriend Joe. ‘Amazing!’ he cried. It was November 2012 and we’d waited for this moment for years. After being diagnosed with a heart condition when I was young, I’d always known it could be difficult for me to conceive. But when, aged 22, I’d met Joe in 2006, we’d dreamt of having a family. Yet, while thrilled, I felt anxious, too... Can my body handle this? Eight weeks in, my worst fears were realised when I started bleeding heavily. At Salisbury District Hospital, the doctors confirmed I’d miscarried. I was devastated. At least I know that I CAN get pregnant, I thought. We stayed positive, and eight months later,…