ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Chat

Chat 08-Apr-2021

Zu den Favoriten hinzufügen

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
Angebot: Get 40% OFF with code: JOY40
ABONNIEREN
CHF 51.10
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

As the owner of a wonky fringe, I can’t be the only one who’s getting excited about the reopening of salons. Someone else who will be rushing to get an appointment is Joan (p20). As she explains, it’s thanks to her nail technician that she’s still here to get pampered. Think you love Corrie? Well, Glenda really loves Corrie and even found love thanks to her fave soap (p30). And we hear from Victoria, who shares a truly heartbreaking story. It’ll stay with me a long time – I’m sure you’ll feel the same (p6). Enjoy your favourite prize puzzles plus food, fashion, travel and more. Stay safe and well this week.…

1 Min.
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@futurenet.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

5 Min.
a day of joy and heartbreak

Victoria Battman, 36, Orpington As I told my 10-year-old son Josh the good news, a grin, then his famous dimples appeared on his face. ‘I’ve always wanted a brother!’ he beamed, blue eyes sparkling. It was autumn 2018, and my husband Chris, then 36, had just announced to Josh – or Joshy as we called him – and his sisters, Demi, then 13, and Lois, 7, the baby we were having was a boy. Joshy was close to his sisters, especially Demi. They loved being outdoors. But he’d wanted nothing more than a little brother to take under his wing. Joshy was footy mad. Played for the local club, Orpington FC, was Chelsea’s biggest fan. If he wasn’t outside, he was clicking away playing Fortnite. Kind and caring, too, he’d be the perfect role model for his baby brother. I…

1 Min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG What do you get if you multiply the highest numbered line of the Paris Metro by the highest numbered line of the Moscow Metro? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 104 210 363 445 463 518 530 634 644 655 773 4 digits 1282 2776 4660 4684 4926 5535 5929 6252 6374 9601 5 digits 17929 32953 33561 41515 53649 59425 62299 63856 77770 85667 88058 88136 6 digits 263433 356962 434479 438386 526463 862976 893652 7 digits 3856342 9203536 9316054 8 digits 94482810 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 Your answer: PIECEWORD Freddie Highmore and Helena Bonham Carter starred in a 2010 TV film adaptation of which memoir by chef, Nigel Slater? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the one-word prize answer. ACROSS 1 Salad dish of cabbage, carrots and mayonnaise 3 _ humbug! • Large water lily 5 Vegetable also called…

1 Min.
just genius

Milking it I wanted to recycle my milk cartons and I also needed more plant pots for the garden. I was able to do both by cutting of the bottoms of the cartons and making holes for drainage, before filling them with compost and seeds.Rebecca Westall, Norwich Cracking It can be quite tricky to separate egg yolks from the white. A simple way is to break the eggs into a bowl and suck up the yolk by gently squeezing an empty, clean plastic bottle neck over it.Barbara Champion, Durham Super seed Make your own bird feeders for the garden, by covering kitchen and toilet roll tubes in peanut butter and rolling them in bird seed. The birds in our garden love them.Carol Loader, Taunton The eyes have it I sometimes have trouble threading the needle while I’m…

5 Min.
secrets of the sex ban

Amie Sims, 41, Derbyshire Clapping my eyes on a bloke across the bar, my stomach flipped. He was wearing a sexy cowboy hat and red leather jacket Not many fellas could pull that look off. But… He’s so cool, I thought. It was Valentine’s Day in 2011, and I couldn’t believe my luck when he asked me out for a drink. Robert Cutts was his name, he was 42 to my 31. But the age gap didn’t bother us. I’d been through a difficult time, and Robert quickly became my rock. I had a 5-year-old daughter with my ex, but she was living with her dad. From the start, Robert swept me off my feet. Turned heads in his cowboy hat wherever we went. I felt like the luckiest girl in town. ‘Come here,’ he said one night, grabbing me for a cuddle…