ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Chat

Chat 06-May-2021

Zu den Favoriten hinzufügen

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
Angebot: Get 40% OFF with code: JOY40
ABONNIEREN
CHF 51.10
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

The past year has been tough for everyone, so it’s wonderful to hear that some folks had happy endings. Like Bethany. When the pandemic hit she was single, but now she’s engaged with a baby – and it all started on the high seas (p19). Olivia also had a transformative year while being stuck at home, and reckons it saved her life (p37). We’d love to hear about anything amazing that happened to you in lockdown. Get in touch at the address below. And get ready to enjoy this week’s issue, packed with real life, cracking crime, food (p40), fashion (p12), tips and more. Stay safe and well this week.…

1 Min.
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@futurenet.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

6 Min.
‘do you want to die tonight?’

Sharna Middleton, 20 Lugging a heaving bag up a flight of stairs, I finally arrived at my sister’s flat. ‘Sharna, you’re here!’ Nikita, 24, squealed, grabbing my bag and hugging me. It was March 2019 and I was moving in with my sister for a few days. As a hairdressing student, I needed some extra cash and Nikita had got me shifts at the food market where she worked, so she said I could stay for a while. The next day, Nikita went to work while I settled in. Hours later, feeling hungry, I headed to a cafe. Spotting some guys out on the street, I realised I knew a few of them. ‘My friend wants you to plait his hair again,’ one yelled across the road. Laughing, I wandered over. As I neared, one of their mates sidled up…

1 Min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG To the nearest whole square yard, what is the area of an FA-regulation-sized centre circle on a football pitch? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 190 217 314 345 413 458 497 541 740 832 856 4 digits 1329 2460 4432 5056 5117 5241 6248 6289 8396 8811 5 digits 15721 16392 32125 40453 53161 56027 56745 78224 78921 79384 84560 85251 6 digits 166810 355249 500424 545977 574194 598651 7 7 digits 1322742 4718771 5621574 8 digits 42104138 WIN £250 Puzzle 1 Your answer: PIECEWORD What name is shared by Chris Pratt’s character in Jurassic World and Luke Skywalker’s foster father? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve started you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. Shaded squares spell out one- word prize answer. WIN £150 puzzle 2 2 Commanding admirals’ vessels 4 Not high • Arbiter, magistrate 6 Pouring part of a kettle • Clothes line fastener 8 Flamenco percussion instruments Your answer: TAKE THREE Omphalophobia is the fear of what body…

1 Min.
just genius

Bright idea Instead of throwing away the lovely, big jars and lids that candles come in once they’ve burnt out, I decided to wash them out and reuse them as decants for my different teas. Angie Knight, Hornsea Brush up If you notice your favourite ring, bracelet or serving spoon looking a little bit dull, restore its sparkle by wetting it and rubbing a little toothpaste on it with a toothbrush, before rinsing and drying. Paula Maddocks, Cheshunt On a roll Placing toile rolls on the curtain pole between each loop is a great way to enhance the pleats of your curtains. S Flora,Leicester Clean plan There’s a lack of poo bins around where I take my dogs for a walk. So I bought a 2ltr dry bag, which I can clip to my belt, to pop my full poo…

6 Min.
just a heartbeat away

Kathy Barber, 58, Manchester Thundering downstairs, I screamed to my partner John and daughter Hayley, then 22. ‘Danny’s been hurt!’ I yelled. Rushing outside, I saw my son on the ground, blood pouring down his face. A group of teenage boys legged it, Hayley chasing after them. It was May 2009, and after watching the Champions League footy final at home, Danny, 24, had walked a mate to the bus stop 200 yards away. I’d expected him back within 10 minutes. Only, I’d heard a scuffle outside. From the upstairs window, I saw teenagers punching Danny. Horrified, I’d raced to help. Somehow, Danny managed to stand up and walk inside. ‘What happened?’ I cried as he grabbed a towel off the laundry pile to wipe blood out of his eyes. But as he tried to talk, his words were jumbled. ‘You’re not making…