ZINIO Logo
ENTDECKENBIBLIOTHEK
Chat

Chat 27-May-2021

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Mehr lesen
Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
CHF 0.89
CHF 51.07
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min
welcome to this week’s chat…

As a shy soul myself, I always admire anyone who puts themselves out there. Especially if they’re only six years old! It wasn’t long ago that Vitoria used to hide herself away. Now she’s a global superstar (p34). What an inspiration. Samantha’s story shows the darker side of online life (p30). If you’re using dating apps, or have friends that do, hers is a must-read. Plus we’ve got one-pot dinners, easy-to-wear fashion ideas, garden bargains and all the FAB prize puzzles you love. Stay safe and well this week!…

1 Min
picture perfect

My daughter Violet has recently welcomed a new guest into her tent. My sister’s dog Perdie loves nothing more than curling up in there with her to chill out. It’s so adorable to see. Meg Pattison, Shrewsbury Here’s one of Chat’s youngest fans! It’s my 6-year-old son Daniel, having a go at the Circle Time puzzle in the magazine while out enjoying the sunshine. Michelle Bird, Stourbridge I may have needed my coat that day, but during my recent visit to Morecambe I remembered the song Bring Me Sunshine as I stood with the late, great Eric. Roll on, summer! Adrian Grove, Lytham St Annes I love this picture of our bulldog Leo dressed as the Caped Crusader. While he may look the part, he’s certainly not the most intimidating superhero! Les Lloyd, Runcorn Here I am with…

5 Min
all this, over a few quid

Kathy Ellis, 48, Windsor Sniffling as another tear fell, I looked up with bleary eyes to see my friend Stephen Bell. Taking my hand, he wiped a drop from my cheek. ‘It’ll be OK,’ he soothed. ‘I can’t believe she won’t be coming home,’ I sobbed in his arms. It was August 2018 and I’d just been told my mum Rita, then 67, was dying. She’d been suffering from severe diabetes complications. Stephen had driven me to hospital to be by her side to say my goodbyes. My rock. We’d met through mutual friends a while earlier, quickly bonded through our silly sense of humour. He’d become like a brother to me. After drying my eyes, Stephen drove me home. ‘I’ll check on you tomorrow,’ he promised. The next few days and weeks were a blur. After Mum’s funeral, the grief hit me hard,…

1 Min
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG What do you get if you multiply the number of the motorway from Blackpool to Preston, by the number of the National Cycle Route known as the Preston Guild Wheel? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 159228352521531598746797900908 4 digits 1187177820312520319133494027480855546151701982419008 5 digits 115102841029153342105303153178713237725083950862558980492500 6 digits 322365374252567852 7 digits 471979278759908156984 8 digits 41973297539566478155287195939811 WIN £250 Puzzle 1 Your answer: SPIRAL XWORD In T. S. Eliot’s Macavity: The Mystery Cat, what Muslim holy man would be impressed by the cat’s ‘powers of levitation’? The answer to each clue begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the answer. 1 Beer mug (7) 2 Being lost in thought (11) 3 Star system such as the Milky Way (6) 4 Annually (6) 5 Shouts (5) 6 Drive-through zoo (6,4) 7 Southern African desert (8) 8 Unrealistic, visionary (10) 9 Lightweight…

2 Min
just genius

Picture perfect We had decorated our living room and there were a lot of offcuts of wallpaper left over. With them, I recovered an old canvas and personalised it with some wedding pictures. It’s a perfect match to the room and didn’t cost me a penny. Karen Dirs, Kegworth On a roll Store headphones and mobile phone chargers in a toilet roll to keep them tidy, and to stop them from getting knotted. If your wires all look similar, this makes it easy to label them, too. Mick Knowles, Worksop Nice and tidy I wanted an organiser that matched my sofa, but couldn’t find one in the shops. So I looked through my cupboards, found some leftover material and made my own. It holds my TV remote, glasses and – most importantly – my weekly Chat magazine. Valerie…

5 Min
my impossible dream

Lauren Hooper, 34, Okehampton Sitting in the GP’s surgery, I stared at my doctor in shock. ‘You may not be able to conceive, or carry a baby,’ he explained. All my life I’d had heart problems, including a hole in the heart and an enlarged aorta. I’d been through countless surgeries as a child. But most of the time I was like any other kid. Had the same dreams. I’d loved playing dollies with my big sister Ebony. Just under five years apart, we’d push prams around the garden. Giggling while we dunked our ‘babies’ in the bath. Even back then, I’d wanted to be a mum. I’d met Michael in 2010. We discussed having children early on. But now, sitting in the doctor’s office in early 2014, before we were due to get married that May, my plans had been upended. ‘I can’t…