ZINIO Logo

Chat 01-Jul-2021

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
CHF 0.88
CHF 50.43
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min
welcome to this week’s chat…

I’ve been training my dog Daphne recently so I know it’s far from easy. But while we’ve been struggling with loose lead walking and recall, Hector the bulldog has been learning a whole new language (p19)! A big well done to him and his trainer Lucy from the RSPCA. Elsewhere this week we’ve got incredible Kia (p37) who woke up from a coma to a terrible shock, and Leigh, who got a new look after her facelift, but it wasn’t the one she expected… (p10). Plus, the mysterious murder case that happened on a plane at 36,000ft (p16). There’s puzzles, prizes, tasty BBQ recipes, swimwear style and loads more. Stay safe and well this week.…

f003-01
1 Min
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They £25 must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@futurenet.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

f004-01
6 Min
living with the enemy

Sawaria Sajid, 21, Leeds Fragrant spices filled the kitchen as I tipped extra-hot curry powder into the vegetable biryani. ‘Woah, that’s way too spicy,’ my mum Abida, then 30, laughed, grabbing my hand. It was 2011, I was 11 and Mum was teaching me to make Pakistani food from scratch. I loved this precious time before my dad Sajid, then 29, a taxi driver, got home from work. ‘Why isn’t dinner on the table?’ he’d bark at Mum. Dad had an ugly temper, so she’d scurry around after him. He’d often beat Mum up, too, screaming the washing wasn’t done or the house not clean enough. He didn’t bother hiding his violence from me, either. I was 5 the first time I saw Dad hit Mum. We were in the kitchen when he stormed in and slapped Mum around the…

f006-01
1 Min
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG What do you get if you multiply the year of Queen Victoria’s coronation by her age at the time? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 122 127 153 128 265 281 355 552 723 815 4 digits 1235 1388 2001 4365 5277 6205 7234 8826 9500 9985 5 digits 22506 30667 30784 34922 37692 42872 43188 45664 53012 54419 73251 83362 94671 6 digits 226342 314730 317425 418325 662553 705721 737338 7 digits 1373145 1588470 5228743 8 digits 98521421 Your answer: WIN £250 Puzzle 1 PIECEWORD In North Africa, what word in a place name usually indicates a river valley, especially one that is usually dry? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer is in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell the one-word answer. 2 Rascal 4 Health resort • Fleshy, hard-skinned fruit such as squash or pumpkin 6 Faint-hearted • Mischievous child 8 Money-dispensing machine Your answer: WIN £150 Puzzle 2 TAKE THREE In Latin…

f008-01
1 Min
just genius

Easy cleaning My husband put up a bar on the inside of a cupboard door and I use it to hang all my cleaning sprays from the nozzles. Now they’re neatly stored away and I can see at a glance which one I need. Carole Gasan, Belfast Perfect solution I got fed up with drinks like gin and tonic being watered down as ordinary ice cubes melted. My solution was to make ice cubes from tonic water and lime cordial and use these for my cocktails instead of ordinary ice cubes. Lorraine Lennon, Bag for life When the clip broke on the strap of my bag, I found that using a split-loop keyring was a great way to secure it in place instead. Maria Collins, Wickford Tea-riffic Instead of throwing away broken or unused teapots, upcycle them into beautiful plant…

f009-01
5 Min
lunchtime facelift did this

Leigh Cobb, 48, Birmingham Gazing at my reflection, I winced. ‘What have I done to myself? I fretted. It was October 2014 and I was 42, but looked years older. From head to toe, my skin was wrinkled and scorched. And I only had myself to blame. Working in financial sales, I wanted to look my best in client meetings. For me, that meant a golden-brown tan. For years, I’d been obsessed with having a sun-kissed glow and went on sunbeds three times a week. I went away on loads of beach holiday, too. Had even briefly worked in Dubai, spending eight hours a day basking by the pool on days off. With my skin bronzed, I felt fantastic. But I never considered the long-term sun damage, and now my skin was wrecked. I started researching treatments online and read about Fraxel laser…

f010-01