Chat 07-Oct-2021

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
CHF 0.86
CHF 48.95
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min
picture perfect

My gorgeous fur babies 0 Lexi Lou, 2, at the back, and her one and only pup Gracie, 10 months – look so alike I often get them mixed up. They are both very spoilt little babies.Rachel Hopwood, Sheffield My husband Kevin and I were lucky enough to get away to Croatia this summer and, of course, we always take our Chat mag with us!Jane Welton, Trimley St Mary I can’t help but laugh at this picture of my 4-year-old daughter Holly soaking her big sister Chloe, 9, instead of filling up the pool. So cheeky!Lisa Bates, Wolverhampton How dapper does my 6-month-old cockapoo George look in his little bow tie? He’s the cutest thing!Pip Smith, Moulton Cam, Elicia and I met at secondary school and, after 30 years, our friendship remains solid. During…

f004-01
5 Min
more of me to love

Shannon Lowery, 40 Creeping into the kitchen, I held my breath. I shouldn’t be doing this, I told myself. Tiptoeing across the cold tiles, I opened the fridge. It was past midnight and I’d had dinner just a few hours ago. But I needed food. Soon I was filling my arms. Yogurts, cheesecake, pieces of pie, sausage rolls, a slab of Cheddar. Back in my bedroom, it was gone within 10 minutes, but I instantly felt better. It was summer 2006 and I’d been doing this every night since I was a teenager. Even when my family padlocked the fridge, I found a way. Now 25, my food obsession had reached dangerous proportions – literally. I weighed 42st, washing and dressing was a struggle, and I needed a wheelchair. My childhood hadn’t been easy. Mum had left when I was a kid, so…

f006-01
1 Min
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG Counting up from two, what is the thousandth prime number? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 134 215 475 499 750 782 816 817 829 940 4 digits 2128 2251 3701 3742 5322 6359 7607 7919 8616 9000 9100 5 digits 30557 31171 37416 37832 51349 71608 72354 75725 78126 79514 81146 92252 6 digits 177189 318197 389706 451924 737523 905162 970035 7 digits 6107493 6709941 9385341 8 digits 61665167 WIN £250 puzzle 1 Your answer PIECEWORD Hunted to extinction in the 19th century, the quagga was most closely related to what animal? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the one-word answer. 1 Style of music • Hospital room 3 Crushed stone used in building 5 Bite • Large 7 Type of oven 9 American coin • Grass WIN £150 puzzle 2 Your answer TAKE THREE In 2009, researchers at Warwick University created a Formula 3…

f008-01
1 Min
just genius

Gift smart It seems like every week the kids are invited to a birthday party. This can become very expensive. To help save money, I keep a ‘party’ box, containing bargain items to give as last-minute gifts. Lucy Travell, Barnwood Makes scents Neutralise smells on a wooden chopping board by rubbing it with mustard powder, then wipe clean before use. Abbie Cairns, Colchester Good Will Bunting When hosting a ‘Flamingo party’ this summer, I forgot to get some bunting. So I made some myself by stapling paper napkins onto a length of ribbon and pinning it to the wall. It looked very effective and they could be reused! Sue Angus, Penn Brekkie bangers When cooking a big breakfast, I fry up the sausages first, then place in my slow cooker to keep warm. I can then get on with the…

f009-01
5 Min
the tickle monster

Sarah Wallace, 39, Newtownabbey Clutching a pink plastic bucket, I skipped happily along the beach. It was summer 1987 – and aged 4, crabbing with my mum’s new boyfriend Robert, then 26, was my favourite thing. My mum, then 41, had split with my dad when I was a baby. I’d had no relationship with him, so it was exciting to have a father figure in my life. ‘You’ve caught one!’ Robert cheered as I plopped a crab into my bucket. I grinned, delighted to have impressed him. He’d moved in quickly, but he’d help round the house, take me and my three older siblings to the park or beach. And at bath time, I’d giggle as he chased me upstairs. Washed the sand out from between my toes. But as my 5th birthday approached that August, things…

f010-01
1 Min
how to wear... knoc kout knits

STYLE TIP Co-ords are easy everyday outfits that require minimal effort. Size up on this cardi to get that laid-back look. STYLE TIP Not just for the weekend, dress up your jumpers for an evening out. Team with on-trend flared jeans and strappy heels. STYLE TIP Keep it tonal. A head-to-toe neutral outfit always looks chic, and far more expensive than it actually is. STYLE TIP Great for all body shapes, wrap cardigans flatter your bust and highlight your waist. Team with a midi skirt and boots. WE WHAT YOU! WE’RE LOOKING FOR WOMEN JUST LIKE YOU TO APPEAR IN OUR MAGAZINES.EVERYONE’S WELCOME, SO APPLY TODAY! Go to goodtoknow.co.uk/REAL to find out more details…

f012-01