Chat 11-Nov-2021

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Land:
United Kingdom
Sprache:
English
Verlag:
Future Publishing Ltd
Erscheinungsweise:
Weekly
CHF 0.86
CHF 49.40
50 Ausgaben

in dieser ausgabe

1 Min
welcome to this week’s chat…

Ooh, ahh, it’s Bonfire Night! And this week’s Chat is full of cracking good stories. Heart-warmers like how Louise’s life was changed by a very special little boy (p58), and big-bang surprises like why Jade’s love life is rather flat right now (p34)… And then there’s Sharon (p37), who put a rocket under her eating habits and lost 10st! All this plus cosy fashion (p12), bangers with vodka sauce (p40) and sizzling puzzles. Talk about hot stuff! Stay safe and well this week.…

f003-01
1 Min
picture perfect

Oops! Here I am finding it absolutely hilarious that my new husband had nearly fallen into the river during our wedding photos. Would have been one more hiccup to add to our COVID-19 2021 wedding. Debbi Turner, Finzean Enjoying a sunny Sunday fun day with my youngest granddaughter Amia-Louise, 3. Her smile always melts my heart and she just loved feeding these goats. Paula Mechem-Blake, St Peter Port My Uncle Bobby is having a ‘wheely’ good time while on holiday. Riley Edwards, Leeds My little puppy Wiggles was caught red-pawed stealing his daddy’s socks! Krissie Cope, Prestwich Me and my fiancé Gareth and our daughters Robyn and Georgia having a fab time in Dalby Forest, Pickering, searching for characters from Julia Donaldson’s Zog book! Karen Hobson, Gleadless Our rescue dog Jazmine enjoying her doggy cake the day she came to…

f004-01
6 Min
rat trap

Armani Milliard, 25, Woodbridge As Shamal twirled my boys, Diyari, then 3, and Karim, 1, around the swimming pool, they giggled away. ‘Again, Daddy, again,’ Diyari shouted. Although Shamal wasn’t the boys’ biological dad, he was a great father figure. And he loved that they called him Daddy. Hard-working, and loving, I felt lucky to have Shamal as my boyfriend. True, we’d had a rocky start together. I’d been a heavily pregnant single mum when we met on Facebook in early 2016. Love had blossomed after Karim was born. Only, three months in, I saw messages from Shamal’s ex on his phone – he’d been unfaithful. ‘It was a one-off mistake,’ he pleaded. I’d fallen hard for Shamal. So, blaming teething troubles – after all, he’d taken a lot on with a toddler and a newborn – I forgave him. He’d been an…

f006-01
2 Min
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG Not including the names and states of the signatories, how many times does the letter A appear in the US Declaration of Independence? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 104 406 422 450 483 600 603 725 772 870 904 4 digits 1137 2003 3336 3804 4280 5673 6627 7235 7423 7785 7883 7967 9507 5 digits 13746 16603 22069 39355 51699 62953 70492 79656 86080 88886 97010 6 digits 464772 645046 811402 7 digits 3944677 5587225 7132387 8 digits 51488265 68974513 82635630 84944451 WIN £250 Puzzle 1 Your answer SPIRAL XWORD In Italian playing cards, the four suit symbols are a sword, a cup, a coin and what other object? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the one-word prize answer. 1 Stretchy (7) 2 Din, racket (9) 3 Tibetan pack animal (3) 4 South-eastern US state whose capital is Frankfort (8) 5 Cowardly (6-7) 6 The _ Headmaster, children’s TV series (5) 7 The _ Chef, early Jamie Oliver programme (5) 8…

f008-01
2 Min
just genius

Sweet idea I’ve wanted a stacking jewellery box for ages, so when I came across some empty chocolate boxes I made my own. I bought soft, coloured card for the bottom of each box and cut pretty flower shapes out of some bunting to cover the labels. I laminated them, then glued them on top and I’m really pleased with the result. Why don’t you give it a try? Ann Johnson, Runcorn Boxing your earrings If you’re going on holiday or you just want to store earrings, consider using a tablet dispenser. You can even buy ones with 28 compartments. No more fiddling around trying to find pairs or undoing them from each other. Gillian Fox, Wigan When life gives you lemons I always squeeze lemon juice over pieces of fruit to stop them from browning. It…

f009-01
5 Min
digging in

Elizabeth Leath, 31 Sitting on the ground, I ran my hands through the soil, rubbing it between my fingers. Mmmmm, I thought, glancing around the playground to check that no-one was watching. Quickly, I grabbed a handful and scooped it into my mouth. ‘What are you doing?!’ asked my boyfriend Russell, then 14, appearing behind me, looking confused. ‘Umm, nothing. Just playing,’ I muttered, wiping my hands and changing the subject. It was a school lunchtime in March 2004. My classmate Russell had been my boyfriend for two years, but there was something that I hadn’t told him. I loved eating dirt. Mud off the ground, soil from flower pots and earth from grassy banks. Whatever I could get my grubby mitts on, I couldn’t get enough. I’d discovered a taste for dirt aged 8. Playing in the garden alone, I’d taken…

f010-01