ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Chat

Chat 22-Apr-2021

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
$0.97
$55.26
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min
welcome to this week’s chat...

I love to hear how people met their other half, so Beth’s story made me smile (p19). Who’d have thought that the boy she cooed over in her teenage diary would pop the question all those years later? Tracy has a different story, showing how unexpected life can be. She was all set for retirement when she found herself playing mum to a five-year-old (p30). Her journey is heart-warming. And if it’s true crime you’re after, this week’s You’re the Judge has to be one of our most shocking ever (p16)… There’s prize puzzles, tempting recipes, flattering fashion, home updates and much more. Stay safe and well this week.…

1 min
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@futurenet.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

5 min
‘take her straight to the morgue’

Liz Martin, 60, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian Leaning forward in her chair, my younger sister Lillian, then 36, couldn’t take her eyes off the telly. Following the rugby players like a hawk, she suddenly jumped up and pumped her fist in the air. ‘What a try!’ she cried, kissing our mum Lena, then 72, on the cheek. We all laughed. Typical Lillian, full of energy and enthusiasm. Especially for her beloved rugby. She passionately supported Scotland. It was how she’d met her husband Emrys, then aged 58 – at a Scotland versus Wales match in 1997. She loved football and running, too. We both lived close to Mum and our dad William, 74 – me with my husband Bill, then 51, Lillian with Emrys. She was the fun auntie, in the garden happily kicking a ball about with my daughter, then 19, and…

1 min
win! 500 cash!

NUMBER JIG According to the Office for National Statistics, how many babies born in 2018 were given one of the 10 most popular names for their sex? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 110 153 156 161 398 468 557 589 837 858 4 digits 1395 1780 1949 2055 5491 5719 7116 7612 9800 9966 5 digits 28497 40537 40969 42911 51137 59943 69854 73001 86296 90309 90420 95180 97020 6 digits 429227 505887 602590 669128 675893 872742 905189 7 digits 1343937 7791167 7796415 8 digits 91316974 Your answer: WIN £250 Puzzle 1 PIECEWORD Aired in 2000, Black & Blue was the first episode of which series? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the prize answer. 1 Rip • Raise up 3 Artificial 5 Swindle • Blot, pat lightly 7 Innumerable 9 Publicity, build-up • Comply Your answer: WIN £ 150 Puzzle 2 TAKE THREE In the title…

1 min
just genius

Blockbuster In autumn, gutters tend to get clogged with leaves, causing overflows and blockages. To prevent the leaves from settling, fix a strip of chicken wire along the top. Jana Copley, London Wrap it up Wrap paintbrushes and rollers in cling film in between coats to stop them from drying out. Melissa Guy, Doncaster Slow burner I love candles like this purple flower one, but they always burn down in the middle, leaving a gap inside. To save wasting such a beautiful candle, I put a tea light inside, so I can enjoy it time and time again. Barbara Coleman, Coventry On a roll To make kitchen supplies – such as cling film, foil and baking paper – more accessible, use dowelling rods and sticky hooks to attach the rolls to the back of a cupboard door. Sophie Undrill, Lincoln Easy squeezy If…

4 min
crashproof lashes

Chloe Louise, 21, Manchester Checking out my thick, long lashes in the mirror, I was thrilled. ‘They look amazing,’ I told my beautician. It was December 2020 and I’d just had an individual eyelash treatment during the brief period the salon was allowed to open amid lockdown restrictions. It was something I had done as a treat from time to time. And now I felt ready for Christmas. Even if that did mean Zoom parties while I stayed home in Tier 3. Still, I loved having my eyelashes done. They made me feel more confident. ‘Wow, they look great!’ my boyfriend Josh, then 22, smiled. ‘Thanks, babe,’ I beamed. Josh was treating me this time. A bit of a pamper to cheer me up. Truth was, I needed it. Josh and I had been childhood sweethearts, on and off since school. So,…