ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Chat

Chat 17-Jun-2021

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
$0.97
$55.26
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min
welcome to this week’s chat…

It feels like normal life is really close now, doesn’t it? If you need inspiration to get out and embrace it, don’t miss dancer Dinkie (p19). She’s 100, still doing what she loves and looks flippin’ fab doing so. She’s certainly given me a kick up the bum. Elsewhere, we’ve got Elisane showing love comes in all shapes and sizes (p34) and Michelle’s happy ending after surviving tragedy (p10). As well as all our top prize puzzles, you’ll find bargains galore – lunch ideas for £1 (p40), hotel breaks under £100 (p50) and smart ways to slash your food bills (p39). Plus loads more! Stay safe and well.…

1 min
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@futurenet.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number. I love this picture of my little boy Lester with his daddy during his first trip to Chester Zoo in April, after the restrictions eased. He was fascinated by the penguins, and they by him! Su Hathaway, Manchester Here I am with my wife Stacy, visiting an ice bar in London in August last year, when restrictions eased for a while. Safe to say we had a…

5 min
i didn’t do this!

Sophie Bole, 25, Castle Donington Hearing my husband Dave’s motorbike roar as he left for work, I sprung out of bed. I woke our kids Bailey then 10 months, and Holly 4, for breakfast. ‘Just the three of us today,’ I chatted, stirring porridge. It was February 2020, and I relished everyday mum stuff. It was a blessing, after the rough time I’d had growing up. In 2011, aged 15, I’d been attacked by a gang of bullies as I’d walked home from school. I’d suffered a broken nose, shattered face. They were cautioned for common assault, but I’d needed 10 months off school. I’d suffered from PTSD and panic attacks. Then, aged 19, I was diagnosed with endometriosis, warned I might struggle to conceive. So meeting Dave, and then having Holly in April 2016, and Bailey in April…

1 min
‘national policy’

Dr Neill Hepburn, Medical Director at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, says, ‘Whilst we are unable to comment on individual cases, we can confirm in all cases of safeguarding of vulnerable patients… ULHT closely follow local interagency procedures and national policy. ‘As part of this process, professionals are required to identify and refer to the local authority where a patient’s presentation might indicate that safeguarding concerns exist. ‘The Trust appreciates these processes can cause short-term distress for families. Our involvement in safeguarding processes will never interfere with any urgent medical care.’…

1 min
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG Under the EU’s food additive classification system, ethanol has what E number? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 154 301 396 405 411 414 540 641 660 744 4 digits 1386 1464 1510 1551 2332 4581 7011 8063 9601 9844 9900 5 digits 12084 12479 14902 26941 27662 31393 41050 44007 47544 51240 62525 99201 6 digits 157213 207426 342620 501206 646464 841241 955615 7 digits 2351216 2746215 6414180 8 digits 95346821 Your answer: WIN £250 Puzzle 1 PIECEWORD An Irish farmer talking about some livestock’s elders is referring to what part of their anatomy? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. There’s a section in to start you off! Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the one-word prize answer. 1 Rabbit’s or deer’s tail • Wine sediment, dregs 3 Based on rumour 5 1970 Ken Loach film • Cleaning implement 7 Play music without preparation (5-4) 9 Man-eating giant • _ Me in St Louis, Judy Garland film Your answer: WIN £150 Puzzle 2 TAKE THREE Tombac and Muntz metal are varieties of what…

1 min
just genius

Forget me not If you’re on medication, cut the named end off the packet and stick it on a piece of card to keep in your purse or wallet. When asked at a hospital, dentist or optician’s appointment what medication you are on, you have the names to hand. Barbara Cable, London Bin buddy My bin always seemed to get a bit whiffy, so I popped some fragranced loo powder in the bottom before I put in the bin bag. Now it smells lovely and fresh! Lucy Hodson, Wirral Nice and tie-dy! Forever losing your hair-ties around the house? Keep them neat and close to hand by gathering the ties together on a karabiner clip. Angie Knight, Hornsea Pot luck Excess water at the bottom of plant pots can lead to root rot. To stop this, cut up a sponge…