ZINIO logo

Chat 26-Aug-2021

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
$0.96
$55.04
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min
welcome to this week’s chat…

I was blown away by Laura’s story this week. Touched by the kindness of strangers in her own life, she decided to give something back…Not a bunch of blooms, but her own kidney, to someone she’d never met (p10)! Find out why Hayley had 14 jobs over eight months. My favourite has to be when she was butler to a bunny called Plumpy (p30)! And there’s gripping true crime, including how police cracked the case of a serial killer stalking the city streets, preying on the most vulnerable (p54). There’s tons more real-life, prize puzzles, fashion (p12), health (p21), beauty (p49) and dinner inspiration – from a tin (p40)! Stay safe and well this week.…

f003-01
1 min
picture perfect

Here’s my beautiful, brave daughter Gracie, 14, recovering from a major operation on her trachea. She’s amazed the surgeons, nursing staff and doctors with her fast recovery and positive mindset. We are so proud of our amazing Gracie. Yvette Mellalieu, Mynydd Isa Our toy poodle Patch looked very handsome after his first puppy groom. He looks super smart with his little bow tie. Julia Robinson, Clifton My kitten Tony is getting into the summer mood with her newest outfit. Here she is posing away, doing her best at meow-delling! Lara Cartmell I love this picture of me and my mum. We both had breast cancer, both had surgery and both had treatment. We’re both now cancer-free. Don’t forget to check yourselves, ladies. Thank you, NHS! Charlotte Crowe, Norwich Here’s my hubby Johnny, 45, having a good old-fashioned go…

f004-01
5 min
a wolf in sheep’s clothing

Tucking into my roast, I grinned at my mum Ruth, then 51. ‘You’ve outdone yourself,’ I told her. It was October 2018 and I’d been looking forward to this all week. Every single weekend, Mum would serve up a delicious lunch. Mum, her partner Wayne, then 44, my little brother, then 14, and Wayne’s daughter Bridget, 20, would tuck in while catching up about our week. Even our Jack Russell Amy lurked under the table hoping for some scraps. ‘Pass the gravy, Daddy Morris,’ I said. It was my pet name for Wayne, and he’d call me Adopted Daughter in return. I didn’t see my real dad, but me and Wayne, a binman, had a close bond. He’d been a family friend for years and no one was surprised when he and Mum became a couple in March 2014. He’d…

f006-01
1 min
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG What was the combined total attendance for the semi-finals and final of the men’s football World Cup in 2014? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 123 200 413 500 566 610 705 742 822 867 4 digits 1541 2220 2246 2508 3257 4165 4479 5532 7473 9500 5 digits 12373 15639 22474 25722 50187 71091 71400 72273 72853 72888 77784 90082 6 digits 196146 221828 244872 306772 477545 545113 648023 949786 7 digits 2536781 5522281 6315838 8 digits 12622591 WIN £250 Puzzie 1 Your answer: PIECEWORD The married British Olympians Kate and Helen Richardson-Walsh won gold in which sport? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell out the one-word prize answer. 2 Filled tortilla 4 1988 Tom Hanks film • Dancing _, ITV series (2,3) 6 Enjoyed • And so forth 8 Minion WIN £150 Puzzle 2 Your answer: TAKE THREE What word connects a computer game series centred…

f008-01
2 min
just genius

Oat-erly delicious! If your granola has gone a bit stale, mix some vegetable oil through it and spread on a baking tray. Pop into a moderately warm oven until it’s crisped up and golden. It also tastes yummy if you add some chopped nuts and seeds, too. Rachael Cleak, Ivybridge Net savings When you’ve finished bags of oranges, limes or lemons, keep the plastic netting. It makes a great scourer for pots and pans! Micha Bryn, Walton Hanging around To organise my make-up brushes, I attach them to a coat hanger with rubber bands. Also, when I’ve washed them, I hang them upside-down, so they can dry without losing their shape. Gill Willans, Clapham £25 For every photo tip that we print Turning the tables Recently moving house, I had no outdoor furniture, so I repurposed old cable reels to make…

f009-01
5 min
‘erm…do you want my kidney?’

A bead of sweat rolled down my face as I puffed around the block. It was October 2015 and I’d decided to go for a run, but I was already regretting it. Why do people do this to themselves? I thought as I hobbled back home. I was used to chilling on the sofa, had a layer of blubber to show for it. But I’d recently got talking to a group of Lycraclad fitness fans at the coffee shop where I worked. They’d invited me to a gym class – so I’d met up with them at a local park. ‘Give me 10 squats,’ Danny, the group leader had shouted. Everything had hurt and I’d ended up the colour of an overripe tomato. But afterwards, I’d felt pretty good. Maybe there was more to life than my…

f011-01