EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 25-Apr-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

When Melanie joked about her hubby’s ‘man flu’ she couldn’t have guessed it would land him in intensive care, fighting for his life (p24). Jordanne knew her fella was a bad boy but always thought she’d change him. Now she’s got a terrifying warning to other women (p40). And Ellie settled down to a night in front of the telly, not knowing that it would change her life in the best possible way (p46). On top of that we’re packed with even more gripping real life stories, prize puzzles, fashion (p12), beauty, homes (p48), health advice and that’s just the start. Get stuck in!…

access_time2 min.
chat to us!

I always give a chuckle when I come into the room and my daughter Lola, 3, and dad Shaun are often sat side by side in the exact same position. Lyndsey Clayton, Llansamlet I think our house bunny Ted has a little way to go before he grows into those ears! Melissa-Louise Branston, Rotherham Was so excited to catch a glimpse of Lady Liberty at her best on a recent trip to New York. Cathryn Wood, Helston My little boy Brodie ran away when he met these two characters, but he overcame his fears and made friends with them. Danielle Hopkins, Stockport My son Charlie, 3, loves trains. He could barely contain his excitement when he saw this coming down the track. Victoria Connolly, Upminster No photo will top this one I took with my cousin Lee and a friendly…

access_time5 min.
‘something bad happened...’

Jan Anderson, 32, Gateshead This time last year, my life was near perfect. In March 2018, I was on track to qualify as a lawyer, a long-held dream. I had a good job in Woking, Surrey, fantastic friends, a caring boyfriend. But with exams looming, I needed to relax. Arranged drinks with a friend, Jenni, on Friday 13 April. I polished off a couple of glasses of wine while I travelled by train to London. And, over two hours with my mate, I knocked back a few more glasses. ‘Go easy,’ Jenni advised me. ‘I’d better get home,’ I agreed. But the booze had got the better of me and I took the wrong train. I’m lost, I messaged my boyfriend, then 34. He texted the directions I needed. Eventually arriving back in Leatherhead, I decided to avoid a shortcut home, down…

access_time5 min.
a mother’s guilt

Kira Aldcroft, 22, Prestwich, Greater Manchester Watching a mum with a baby on her hip, a toddler in a buggy and a child playing ahead, my heart soared. To me, happiness was just that. Motherhood. It was what I’d wanted since I was just a kid, pushing a dolly along in a tiny pram. The oldest of three siblings, my maternal instincts clicked into place from a young age. But without a stable relationship, I knew I needed to wait until the time was right. Only, life doesn’t always work out how you plan it. In December 2017, when I was 21, I realised my period was late. I’d been seeing a guy on and off, but it was nothing serious and we’d always been careful. Buying a pregnancy test felt surreal. And when I saw the positive symbol, I was…

access_time5 min.
a shot in the dark

When Diana Lovejoy married Greg Mulvihill in August 2007, she promised to love and honour her husband forever. But, just seven years on, love and honour were the last things the mum-of-one felt for Mulvihill. Blind hatred would be nearer the mark. In July 2014, Diana, 41, claimed she had very good reasons to despise her spouse. Vile, shocking reasons… She claimed that Greg, 43, had been sexually abusing her. Worse, she accused him of molesting their 2-year-old son. They heard a rustling in the bushes Removed from the marital home in Carlsbad, near San Diego, with a temporary restraining order issued against him, Greg was denied access to his son. He fought hard to disprove the damning allegations against him. A month later, Greg filed for a divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. For those next months, as a vicious divorce…

access_time1 min.
the real judge’s verdict

GUILTY In November, Diana Lovejoy, 45, and Weldon McDavid Jr, 50, were found guilty of conspiracy and attempted murder. McDavid was also found guilty of intentionally discharging a firearm with intent to inflict great bodily injury. Moments after the verdict, Lovejoy appeared to faint and was taken to hospital for treatment. Before sentencing, in January 2018, Lovejoy sobbed, professing her innocence. But Judge Sim Von Kalinowski didn’t hold back. Lovejoy was sentenced to 25 years to life and McDavid received 50 years to life for his part in the botched plot. After going through hell and back, perhaps finally Greg Mulvihill could put the past behind him.…

help