EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 02-May-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
SPECIAL: Save 30% on your subscription!
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40£28(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

She may be dying, but Samanda never felt more alive than when she was surrounded by loved ones – at her own wake! (p54). When Hazel’s hubby was found dead in a swimming pool, she was the prime suspect. Could the loving wife really be to blame? (p14). Vikki and Thomas were enjoying a blissful holiday, until they heard some news that would make Vikki question whether they had a future together (p6). Plus, we’ve the pick of the pastels to pretty up your wardrobe (p12), two very different ways with tinned salmon (p39), and 12 cool clocks from a fiver (p23). Hope you have a great time this week!…

access_time2 min.
chat to us!

My son Jack, 19, sent me this photo back from Tasmania. He's currently on a world tour which he's worked insanely hard to fund, and is having a fab time. Karren Roberts, Swansea These are my two little gorgeous girls Billi, 4, (left) and Georgi, 2. Billi is always the little ‘mummy' taking her little sister for her first day at nursery. Sue Hutchinson, Cheltenham My daughter Pixie, 8, was gobsmacked when she saw the Reese's chocolate shop in New York. Francesca Mowles, Felixstowe This is Mr Pickles, a hamster I adopted over a year ago. I'm so proud of him, even though his health's suffered with an ear infection and broken foot, but he pulled through and is as feisty as ever. Samantha Gresty, Halifax My Nanna Pat really got into the spirit of St Patrick's Day…

access_time5 min.
big birthday... and bigger 21 surprise

Vikki Fisher, 23, Bolton When I agreed to meet friends for drinks in June 2014, I didn’t expect to meet the love of my life. It was the height of the summer and everybody was in good spirits. Beer in hand, outside in the sunshine. But a cheeky smile caught my eye. The handsome stranger was the friend of a friend, and my cheeks burned red as I nervously introduced myself. ‘Nice to meet you, Vikki – I’m Thomas,’ he grinned, peering at me with his gorgeous green eyes. I felt uneasy about him going to his ex’s We flirted all night before Thomas and a few friends came back to mine for another drink. From that moment, we were inseparable. Cute and charming, he had me laughing constantly. We never spent a day apart, practically living in each other’s pockets. I…

access_time1 min.
‘she was annoyed’

Thomas, 25, says, ‘Since he was two or three weeks old, I brought up my ex's child. She called and asked me to look after him, and then things just happened. I got the call [about the pregnancy] two days before my 21st. I was shocked. I didn't know what to tell Vikki, so I rang my mum straight after and she said the longer I leave it the worse it'll get. Vikki was a bit annoyed, but things are good now. We'll have been together five years. I won't do it again. I don't regret the child, I regret the situation it was in.'…

access_time5 min.
unmasking evil...

Carolyn Shanti, 73, London Feeling my husband’s hands on me, I gave a shudder of fear. The thought of intimacy brought me out in a cold sweat, had me petrified. As much as I tried to relax, my body froze. It was 1972, and this was the frustrating routine we’d grown accustomed to. I was 23 when we tied the knot – and now, just two years on, I knew our marriage was over. It was nothing my hubby had done. But for as long as I could remember, I’d been absolutely terrified of sex. I’d no idea why. And it wasn’t the only issue blighting my life. I also struggled with bouts of depression and anxiety. But why? I’d asked myself that question time and again, determined to get to the bottom of it. And despite my non-existent sex life, I…

access_time5 min.
pushed over the edge?

In December 2016, Hazel and Peter Spenceley were at home in Perth, Australia, packing for a cruise holiday around Indonesia – set to depart the following day. It was the trip of a lifetime for the husband and wife, aged 80 and 79. The happily married couple were well liked locally and they seemed to live a peaceful existence. But the night before their holiday, on 20 December, neighbours were alerted to an incident at the Spenceley home. Hazel was shouting, ran from the house for help. And, as neighbours flocked to the scene to help, Peter’s lifeless body was pulled out of the water of their swimming pool. Around his waist had been a bag filled with weights. As one neighbour tried to resuscitate him, Hazel was hysterical. ‘He told me to push him in the…

help