EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 09-May-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

When Janine discovered her bloke was a no-good cheat, she never would have suspected who he was at it with (p10). Find out the reason Meghan feels strangely grateful to the cancer that threatened to kill her (p56). And how did her parents’ bitter split leave a little girl being framed for a brutal murder (p14)? As well as incredible true stories, there’s fashion tips to help you rise to any occasion (p12), beauty treats (p42) and home buys (p26) and pages of puzzles to keep your mind sharp and maybe even boost your bank balance. Be lucky this week!…

access_time2 min.
chat to us!

This is my favourite picture of my son Joshua, 9, and our puppy Lizzy. You can tell the love between the two of them is immeasurable. Anisa Charania, Crawley My two children Adam, 10, and Evan, 6, cannot be trusted! Always up to mischief, even when putting sun cream on their grandad's back. Amy Pimm, Newport Couldn't believe it when my grandsons convinced me to play Splat with them. After five splats of cream to the face I couldn't take any more! Maureen Farren, Derry My little soldier Taylor, 4, posing at Fort Paull, his favourite place. Rachael Cage, Dewsbury There's no question about who my daughter Kitti, 7 months, is going to grow up to support. Here she is in her first supporter's kit. Dan Evans, Clawddnewydd My son Lewis, 12, thought it would be fun to dress his…

access_time5 min.
tortured and torche

Aimy Brady, 23, Liverpool I rolled my eyes as I saw my phone ringing. My dad Eamon Brady, 44, calling for the fifth time that night. ‘Dad!’ I groaned. ‘Hello again, love,’ he giggled. ‘I’ve just got to tell you this joke...’ The corners of my mouth pricked upwards with weary amusement as I listened to the joke again. He was drunk... I humoured him. ‘Love you, Dad,’ I said, hanging up and turning my phone to airplane mode. Opening my phone messages, my heart stopped It was last July and I had an early shift in the restaurant I worked in. I couldn’t risk Dad waking me up again. That’s just the way it was with Dad... Ever since I could remember, he’d always enjoyed a drink. It didn’t stop him being a great dad and my best friend. Even after he…

access_time5 min.
right under my nose!

Janine Marshall, 28, Jedburgh As the warm water drizzled over my locks, I could feel myself starting to unwind and relax. ‘Temperature OK?’ my hairdresser Helen asked. ‘Perfect,’ I said, relishing an hour’s ‘me time’ in summer 2017. Luckily, Helen only lived downstairs in our block of flats. So, every two months, I’d take my boys – Hunter, 3, and Garrett, 9 months – with me and pop down for a chop. Helen welcomed me as soon as we’d moved into the flats in February 2016. Our flat didn’t have a garden, but hers did. She’d invited me, my partner Daniel, 25, and the kids round to hers for barbecues. It was really lovely having a mate downstairs. Someone who enjoyed a natter – and I felt I could confide in her. From groans about the kids, and…

access_time5 min.
dead in the water

It was a truly awful thing for a little girl to discover – the lifeless body of her mum face down in a bath filled with blood-tinged water. Above the bath, a cupboard door had almost been pulled from its hinges. When Shele Danishefsky Covlin’s daughter, then 9, found her mother dead in the bathroom of their luxury Manhattan apartment on New Year’s Eve 2009, the panicked girl called her dad Rod Covlin, 38, who lived nearby. Professional backgammon player Rod and millionaire finance executive Shele, 47, were estranged after 11 years of marriage and two children – the couple also had a son, then 2. But Rod lived in an apartment across the hallway – and still had a key to the family home. Rod alerted the police, told them he’d tried to…

access_time1 min.
guilty

Jurors took two days to decide that Rod Covlin had strangled his estranged wife Shele, making it look as if she’d fallen and drowned in the bath – unanimously deciding the circumstantial case had been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. As the verdict was read, Covlin looked at his defence team in disbelief, while Shele’s devastated family tearfully embraced. ‘The wheels of justice turn very slowly, and we always had confidence that, ultimately, this day would come,’ Shele’s brother-in-law Marc Karstaedt said, speaking for the family. ‘Finally, after nine years, we have justice for our beloved Shele.’ Covlin’s lawyer said that he would appeal the verdict, as Rod Covlin was sentenced to 25 years to life.…

help