EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 16-May-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

They say identical twins share a special bond. That’s certainly true for Beth and Ollie who are closer than ever despite one big change (p31). What happened to Jill on her five-minute walk home will chill you to the core (p60). And check out our super glam Aunty Nelly (p46)! She slimmed down after a health scare and has straight-talking advice for everyone who wants to do the same. There’s more pages of real-life stories, plus fashion (p12), beauty (p40), recipes, home ideas (p26) and more – not forgetting your fave prize puzzles. Enjoy!…

access_time2 min.
chat to us!

As huge fans of Call the Midwife, my sisters and I couldn't resist a quick snap during a guided tour at Chatham Docks. Rachel Howlett, Biggleswade My little girl Eleanor Rose, 6 months, was the sixth generation of our family to wear this christening gown. Here she is with my son Max, 3, before her christening this year. Stephanie Lagay, South Shields It was a chilly day, but I worked up a sweat going for a bracing walk on the rugged coastline of Cape Cornwall. Bec Lewis, Tunbridge Wells I switched into full tourist mode on a recent school trip to New York as a teacher. Amanda Hadley, Hayseech Even a foam party in Dubai couldn't keep my daughter Faye distracted from her favourite magazine. Carol Clayton, Warrington My partner Ralph and I indulged in a couple of cocktails while…

access_time5 min.
danger in aisle 10

Sitting at the table, I scooped a forkful of spaghetti Bolognese into my mouth. ‘This is yummy,’ I beamed. My mum nodded. ‘Thanks for inviting us, Anthony,’ she smiled. Anthony Gorringe, then 49, worked in our local supermarket. He was always friendly, chatting away as he helped us with our weekly shop. Packing our shopping or carrying bags to the car. When he invited us round for dinner in October 2009, Mum was pleased. We didn’t have many people we could rely on, so it was nice to make a new friend. As we finished our food, Mum stood up to clear the plates. But Anthony was having none of it. ‘Put your feet up,’ he told Mum, ushering her into the sitting room. ‘Lisa will help me wash up, won’t you, love?’ he added. I nodded. He’d been so nice, it was…

access_time5 min.
a haircut saved my life

Sitting in the salon, my hairdresser prepped me for my usual session. ‘Same colour and cut as always?’ she smiled. ‘You know me so well!’ I chuckled. It was October 2014 and I expected this haircut to go like any other. That also meant some words of worry from my hairdresser. ‘You really need to get this looked at,’ she sighed. I didn’t need to ask what she was pointing at. After all, she’d been moaning about the bump behind my left ear for months. ‘Don’t worry,’ I laughed. ‘My GP says it’s just a wart.’ Anyway, I’d had it at least four years. If it was anything serious, I think I’d have known about it by now! I’d first noticed it back in summer of 2010, while brushing my hair one evening. ‘Ouch,’ I’d gasped after catching it with my…

access_time5 min.
the stench of death?

As Zachary Tener took the witness stand, tears welled up in his eyes. It was June last year, and the last time he’d seen his mother, Rae Meichelle Tener, 36, she had been making him a grilled cheese sandwich. Fourteen years ago. Then, after attending a neighbour’s party, Rae had simply vanished. ‘Worst night of my life,’ Zachary sobbed. He’d been just 13 years old at the time. Now 27, he was the first witness at his mum’s murder trial – even though her body had never been found. And the man on trial was Mark Barrow, the neighbour whose party they’d gone to that fateful night all those years ago... Back in August 2004, Rae was living with her son in a trailer park in West Palm Beach, Florida. She was just 4ft 11in and weighed less than…

access_time1 min.
the real judge’s verdict

GUILTY In June 2018, Mark Barrow, 57, was found guilty of murdering Rae Meichelle Tener and hiding her body. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Rae’s mother Mary left the courtroom devastated that her daughter’s body had never been found. ‘If he was a man, he would let me know where she is,’ she said. ‘I have no body, no grave.’ The judge said his heart went out to Rae’s family, while Barrow’s defence said that he would file a motion for a new trial or an appeal.…

help