EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 23-May-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

Mary was just doing her job – so why was she now being accused of murdering someone she cared for? Her nightmarish story is on p10. As Sam caught sight of those piercing green eyes, all of her childhood terrors came flooding back. Now she had to make sure that monster was brought to justice (p6). And Fran shares the moment her little one dropped a bombshell, revealing, ‘I’m not a boy, Mummy’ on p48. Plus, we’ve got fashion (p12), beauty, home (p40), food and travel tips for all tastes and budgets, and there’s your usual mix of puzzles with big cash prizes – can you finish the lot?…

access_time2 min.
chat to us!

Here's my daughter Ellie, 8, wearing her favourite pirate costume for her uncle's surprise birthday party. I think she looks m-aargh-velous! Karen Cave, Kidderminster Nelly the elephant, aka my daughter Laura, 6, waiting to go on stage at the Theatre Royal Nottingham to tap dance to - you guessed it - Nelly the Elephant! Debb Hunt, Nottingham My granddaughter Jessica, 6, was thrilled to get £1 from the tooth fairy, along with this lovely little note. Priscilla Sear, Norfolk Whoever said rabbits and cats don't get along have obviously never met my Molly and Bun. Here's Molly asking if Bun wants her seat. Charlotte Primrose, Lawford Hold tight! Me and my brother Oliver loved our trip to San Francisco. Here we are riding the cable car just like real locals! Melissa Shackleton, Tickhill Getting wiggy with it - my husband…

access_time5 min.
eyes of evil

Sam Welch, 39, from Crawley, West Sussex Skipping happily along, my giggles echoed between the barns. Chickens squawked and flapped their wings as I chased them across the farmyard. It was summer 1985, I was 6, and my mum and I had just arrived at a smallholding in Kent. Our new home. As well as caring for the animals, there was lots of building work to be done. ‘My mate Clive can help,’ Mum’s then-boyfriend suggested to her. The moment I met Clive, then 21, I liked him. ‘Hello, sweetheart,’ he said, beaming. And while we lived in a bungalow, Clive moved into an annex next to the stables. In the evenings, Mum would snuggle up with her boyfriend. ‘I’m bored,’ I’d moan. So, looking for a little entertainment, sometimes I’d escape out of the window and go to Clive’s. Knocking on…

access_time5 min.
i was a carer not a killer!

Mary Harraghy, 67, Magherafelt, Co Londonderry As I was pegging clothes out on the line, the phone rang. ‘Mary, we’re short-staffed,’ my boss said. ‘Can you do the night shift?’ It was September 2011 and I was a staff nurse at Maine Nursing Home, for patients with learning disabilities, in Randalstown, Co Antrim. I’d been nursing 40 years, had worked in hospitals and clinics before the care sector. It’d been tough, juggling long shifts with raising my family. But now my kids Nuala, then 27, and Gerrard, 25, were grown-up, I had a lot more flexibility. ‘Of course,’ I told my boss. It was just me and a care assistant on duty that night, doing hourly checks on each of the residents. Everything was going smoothly. Until 6am, when the care assistant shouted for help. One of the residents,…

access_time4 min.
a woman scorned?

James Barry didn’t have a mean bone in his body, according to his many friends. But in November 2016, the flame-haired pet-store worker, 21, was found in a pool of blood at the home he shared with his mum Nicola in Loxahatchee, Florida. He’d been stabbed multiple times in the neck. It was Nicola’s boyfriend Guy Hand and one of James’ friends who had found him. In a panic, Guy gave James CPR. Paramedics raced to the scene, too. But sadly, James couldn’t be saved. The pair had recently broken up His brutal death sent shock waves through the local community and left his loved ones devastated. Almost immediately, police investigating the killing identified a person of interest. James’ on-off girlfriend Melanie Eam, 20. The couple had been close, with petite, long-haired Melanie spending several nights a week at…

access_time1 min.
the real judge’s verdict

GUILTY Melanie Eam was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to 50 years in jail. ‘That is a lifetime and she gets to think of what she did every single day,’ the victim’s heartbroken dad James Barry Senior told reporters after the trial. James’ mum Nicola said she was relieved. ‘This will never replace James,’ she said. ‘But at least the world is a safer place because she is locked up.’ And Guy Hand, Eam’s innocent attempted fall guy, said he was thrilled she would never be able to have kids and pass on her genes.…

help