FEATURED
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 03-Oct-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
SPECIAL: Get 40% OFF with code: BLACK40
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time2 min.
picture perfect

I love all animals but I have a soft spot for meerkats, especially when they're this little! So cute! I met this one at Wild Zoological Park in the West Midlands. Shannon Workman, Birmingham This photo is a great memory for our family - my brother Dennis' wedding to Sybil in March 1960. The joke back then was the wife would be waiting with a rolling pin in hand if her husband came home late from the pub! Joan Mee, Doncaster I love this photo of me and my daughter Harriet on holiday in Ibiza recently. For an island famous for partying, the Old Town was completely breathtaking! Joanne Jones, Ruthin My favourite photo of my son Logan visiting the sheep at our local farm opening day. He's a cheeky monkey! Vikki Gibbs, Burton-on-Trent Our neighbour's gorgeous rescue…

access_time5 min.
a mother’s torment...

Karen Edwards, 58, Swindon Watching my daughter writhing in pain, I held back tears. ‘It hurts, Mum,’ she whispered. ‘I know,’ I replied. It was summer 2001 and my daughter Becky, then 19, had been addicted to drugs since her teens. As a girl, she didn’t fit in, fell in with a bad crowd. It started with sniffing aerosols, then heroin. After that, life became a constant battle. I watched in terror as the daughter I knew became a shell of herself. Skin sallow, greasy hair, her ribs protruding. The little girl who once loved writing poetry, colouring books and hugs was now unrecognisable. It broke my heart. I did my best to help. Attempted to wean her off drugs, got her into rehab. Yet she’d disappear for months. By 18, she was hanging out in Swindon’s red-light district, always looking for her…

access_time1 min.
just genius

Pretty potty My storage jars were a bit dull with just a leaf motif to decorate them, so I jazzed them up with some pretty flower stickers. I’m so pleased with them! Ann Parker, Cornwall Fan-cy I found a cool idea to keep mini fans clean when they’re not in use. A shower cap fits perfectly. Carol Kelly, Southampton That’s a wrap Put some racks on the back of your pantry, or under-the-stairs door. They’re great for organising gift wrapping tools. Danny Harden, Llanfwrog Seedless At work, I came up with a novel idea to de-seed melons. Just one swift go with an ice cream scooper and out they come, with no mess or hassle. Joy Green, Weston-super-Mare Smelly ends I hate throwing away beautiful perfume bottle lids, so I stick them on the ends of garden canes. Not only do they look…

access_time4 min.
a moment on the lips...

Christina Burton, 29, Wythenshawe Lying back on the sofa, I closed my eyes and felt the sharp prick of the needle piercing my top lip. A familiar stinging feeling spread across my mouth and I felt my lips swell slightly. ‘Almost done,’ smiled the beautician as she moved onto my bottom lip. It was July 2018 and I’d been having lip fillers every few months for two years. Like two giant sausages squashed together The same beautician would come to my home, do the 20-minute procedure for £85. Sitting up, I peered in her handheld mirror. ‘I’m going to look like Daffy Duck till the swelling goes down,’ I giggled. ‘See you again soon,’ the beautician smiled, packing away her equipment. I knew what to expect. For the next day, my lips would be like sausages. Swollen, blown up. But by tomorrow, they’d…

access_time1 min.
what’s your style? coat special £40 and under

SHEARLING STYLE TIP Cropped styles are perfect for petites PUFFERS STYLE TIP Also comes in white BELTED STYLE TIP Perfect for in-between weather days A double-breasted fit flatters broad shoulders CHECKS STYLE TIP Classic checks are so versatile and can easily be dressed up or down Slim-cut styles and small lapels accentuate curves without adding bulk…

access_time4 min.
young, pretty & deadly

Neighbours were used to hearing raised voices from the home of Mary Katherine Higdon, 24, and Steven Freeman, 23. The high-school sweethearts had been dating for seven years and their families were close, too. Even spending Christmas together. Only, in the last few years, their relationship had become turbulent. They constantly rowed, kept splitting up and getting back together. It seemed like they just couldn’t see eye to eye. Police had been called to their home five times in the last year. Twice for domestic-violence related incidents and the other three for incidents related to their pet dogs. But one night, at around 10.42pm on 1 August 2018, neighbours living near to the couple’s home in Griffin, Georgia, USA, heard a gun shot ring out. Police arrived quickly to find Mary Katherine outside crying, hysterical. ‘I didn’t mean to do…

help