FEATURED
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 10-Oct-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
SPECIAL: Get 40% OFF with code: BLACK40
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time1 min.
picture perfect

My partner Ian deserves a special mention because he's a diamond! He's taken on my four kids as his own and has a special bond with my youngest Myla-Rose, 4. Sarah Anderton, Lytham My patriotic outfit was a hit when I wore it to a party in a care home. Pauline Wheeler, Upholland My husband Brian made a new friend when on a recent trip to Bridlington. Diane Pierrepont, Doncaster My beautiful three-legged therapy cat Wellington lies with me and gives me nose kisses when I'm feeling down. Amy Palmer, via e-mail Betty loves nothing more than a trip to the beach! Glenda Collie, Aberdeen I met this big guy on a trip to Newcastle, and got the best bear hugs from him! Louise Furtado, Tadworth I'm so proud of my son Lucas, 14, who completed a triathlon during the…

access_time5 min.
perryy’s last drink

Mandy Hunter, 56, Southampton Sitting in the sun, I raised my glass. ‘For you, Mum,’ I said, putting my arm around my younger brother Perry Cardy, then 51. It was February 2018, and we’d gathered at our local in memory of our mum Lee. She’d passed away, aged 86 – and, although Mum had moved to the USA 14 years earlier, we’d stayed close. We hadn’t made her funeral in LA, but organised a memorial at our local – The Bittern, here in Southampton. A single punch had left him in this state Mum had once been a regular, too. We’d invited 30 friends and family, ordered trays of Screwdriver cocktails. Her favourite tipple! Perry was on form, telling stories about Mum. One of life’s characters, often known as Pezza, he was a joker and a charmer. He…

access_time1 min.
just genius

Easy-clean When my kitchen sponges and scourers need a refresh, I stick them in the dishwasher with the dishes and they come out as good as new. Margaret Rymer, Much Wenlock Quick-buy I free up my purse from store cards by punching holes in them and attaching a key ring and ribbon to them. Makes them easier to find too. P A McDonald, Lydiate Self-smooth Rather than ironing your shirts, hang them in the bathroom while you shower and the steam will get all the creases out. Jasmine Rhymes, Bristol Much batter! I put my cupcake mix into a measuring jug and pour the batter into the paper cases. Less messy and easier to divide evenly! Joanne Campbell, Carrickfergus Safe and sand... Keep your garden tools in a bucket of sand to stop them rusting. It keeps sharp edges safely away too, when…

access_time4 min.
the little boy who’ll never grow up

Danielle Myers, 41, Ongar, Essex Pulling funny faces at my little boy, I also tried singing silly songs. ‘Come on, Dylan,’ I cooed, grinning as wide as I could in the hope he’d mirror it. But that baby did not want to smile. It was October 2010 and, with my baby 6 weeks old, I’d been looking forward to those cute gummy grins. His sister Scarlett, then 4, had been such a little smiler, hit all her milestones at the times dictated by baby books. ‘Your baby’s so sweet!’ people say, peering into his buggy But then, we’d always known that Dylan was going to be different. At my 20-week scan, we’d been told he had a condition called situs invertus. It meant all his organs were reversed. Soon after that, we found out he had an unrelated growth…

access_time4 min.
murdered by the boy next door?

Climbing out of the shower, Ashley Ellerin, 22, was looking forward to her hot date. It was 21 February 2001, and film actor Ashton Kutcher was picking her up from her rented bungalow in Pinehurst Road and taking her to a star-studded post-Grammys party. Movie heartthrobs aside, Ashley had a thrilling future ahead. She was a Fashion Design student, partying with Hollywood’s glitterati. One friend described her as ‘beautiful’, ‘fun’ and ‘spontaneous’. But, when Ashton, who she’d met through friends, arrived late, at 10.45pm, no-one answered. The door was locked and Ashton assumed Ashley had gone out with friends instead. But, at 9am the following morning, her roommate Jennifer Disisto made a grim discovery. Ashley’s lifeless body was sprawled next to her bathroom. She’d been stabbed 47 times as she blow-dried her hair. Defensive wounds lined her hands and right forearm and…

access_time1 min.
guilty

In August this year, after a three-day trial and three days of deliberations, the jury unanimously found Michael Gargiulo, 43, guilty of murdering Ashley Ellerin and Maria Bruno, and attempting to murder Michelle Murphy. Gargiulo may now face the death penalty Gargiulo now faces the death penalty or life in prison with no possibility of parole – he is due to be sentenced this month. He showed no reaction when the verdicts were read. The dramatic trial saw testimony from almost 100 experts and witnesses. Now, Gargiulo is expected to be extradited to Illinois to stand trial for the 1993 killing of 18-year-old Tricia Pacaccio. After some 26 years, her family hopes to finally get some justice, too. During closing arguments, Deputy District Attorney Garrett Dameron praised surviving victim Michelle Murphy, whose resistance led to Gargiulo’s…

help