EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
searchclose
shopping_cart_outlined
exit_to_app
category_outlined / Celebrity & Gossip
ChatChat

Chat 17-Oct-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read Morekeyboard_arrow_down
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

IN THIS ISSUE

access_time1 min.
picture perfect

Here I am on a Sydney Harbour Bridge climb on holiday in 2006. I still remember it vividly, and the views were out of this world. Julie Schofield, Mossley Tigger and Maisie patiently wait for the lawn-mowing show to begin... Barbara Trigg, Gillingham After a long walk on the beach in Anglesey, my son Martin and his pooch Marvin were both dog-tired! Annie Davies, Warrington This is my beautiful sister when she was 1 year old. Now she's 55, and just as gorgeous! Sheila Cunningham, Glasgow I couldn't help but laugh when I spotted this mare in the New Forest area. She seemed inconvenienced and confused! Sue Maylam, Hastings I had a fab time at Southport Flower Show recently, and meeting Bruno Tonioli was the highlight of my day. Michelle Green, Southport My 9-year-old Lab Tyson is rarely without Giraffe, his favourite…

access_time5 min.
too many family secrets

Debbie Cooley, 48, Kent My son Ryan reached for a takeaway menu and slung his other arm around my shoulders. ‘Let’s have a girls’ night, Mum,’ he winked. ‘Only if I can pick the film,’ I giggled. It was Saturday night in June 2011, and his mates were all out. But my boy wanted to stay in with his mum, a pizza and DVD. Ryan was great company, had started making people laugh as a beaming toddler and never stopped. I knew something terrible must have happened He’d been born on Christmas Day 1994 – my best present ever – and we’d had girls’ nights together since he was tiny. Now 16, he loved fishing and watching England football matches with his dad Wayne, then 38. He was ambitious, too, wanted to be an artist. I was so proud of…

access_time1 min.
just genius

A poop scoop Rather than pay over the odds for doggy doo-doo bags, buy nappy bags. You get more for your money, don’t pay VAT, and the material is thicker. Adele Thomas, Retford Havin’ a loaf Forget the sticky strip on your loaf of bread. Twist the bag and fan it over the top of the packet. Irene Hill, Redditch A brush with mess I bought this old-fashioned carpet sweeper in a charity shop for my sister to use on the artificial grass in her garden. It works perfectly to collect petals, leaves and dust. Lisa Wright, Bickington Grate hack! Use a damp paintbrush for a quick and easy way to clean artificial coal and fire grates. Lena Wattes, Chester-le-Street Saving face When you’re trying to travel light, wrap your make-up essentials in a shower cap. It’s waterproof and can be slipped between…

access_time3 min.
but he’s way too old for me...

Victoria Wynn, 31, Alnwick, Northumberland Squeezing one eye shut, I aimed and... ‘Bullseye!’ I cheered as my arrow expertly hit the dartboard. ‘You’re showing us up!’ laughed my team-mate Lucy, then 22. It was March 2011, and I’d been playing for my local darts team since I was 18. Afterwards, we sat having drinks when Lucy waved someone over – an old man with white hair. He was 40 years older – but we were only friends ‘Victoria, meet my Uncle Len,’ Lucy said. ‘Good darts arm you’ve got,’ Len grinned at me. I blushed. Len pulled up a stool and the conversation flowed. Three wines later, I found myself opening up. ‘I just went through a horrible break-up. I’m stuck living with my ex,’ I confided. ‘Can’t you move out of there?’ Len asked. ‘No,’ I sighed. ‘It’s too expensive, and I…

access_time1 min.
moody blooms

TOPS STYLE TIP Dress up your jeans TROUSERS STYLE TIP Team with a plain chunky knit jumper DRESSES STYLE TIP Wear with heeled boots and opaque tights this autumn BAGS…

access_time4 min.
four bodies in two shallow graves

People often go missing. But it’s rare for an entire family to vanish. So when businessman Joseph McStay, 40, his estate-agent wife Summer, 43, and their two boys – Gianna, 4, and Joseph, 3 – mysteriously disappeared, their loved ones worried. The family had just bought a new home in Fallbrook, San Diego, on the sun-drenched Californian coast. Joseph ran Earth Inspired Products, a company selling large-scale water fountains, with business partners Charles ‘Chase’ Merritt and Dan Kavanaugh. Every few days, Joseph would phone his brother Michael. But in February 2010, the calls stopped. Concerned relatives reported the family missing. Searching the McStays’ home, detectives found two children’s bowls of popcorn lying uneaten on the sofa. Bananas and a carton of eggs were rotting in the kitchen. The family’s dogs had been left without water. An apparent…

help