• Travel & Outdoor
  • Women's Lifestyle
  • Adult
FEATURED
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 23-Jan-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read More
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

In this issue

2 min.
picture perfect

We had a great time on our dream holiday, on the west coast of America. Ticked off the bucket list and already can't wait to go back! Mandy and David Fairley, Gateshead Here I am, in the middle, nearly 80 years ago with my cousin Betty (left). During World War Two, we spent a lot of time in South Wales with my grandad, in particular at the local welfare park enjoying the swimming pool. Betty's parents had been killed in one of the early raids over London, and she'd been pulled out of the wreckage alive. Barbara Ketteridge, London The look on my son Kyron's face after he hurt his ankle on a trampoline and ended up on crutches! I'm happy to report he's all better now and back to his cheeky self! Tulin Morrison,…

5 min.
nothing to smile about

Natalie Freeman, 29, Rochdale Sipping my drink, I turned to face the man who’d just tapped me on the shoulder. ‘Craig?’ I gasped. Silly question. I’d recognise that grin anywhere. It was late 2014, and I was at the pub with friends – didn’t expect to be bumping into my ex. Craig and I had gone out together when I was 16 and he was 21. He was a charmer, even if he was missing a front tooth! But I soon realised Craig also had a nasty temper. ‘I never liked him,’ my sister Emma, then 14, said to me when Craig and I split three years later. Now, here he was again. As we chatted over beers at the bar, a familiar spark was reignited. ‘It’s always been you,’ he told me, giving me that big smile. And he…

1 min.
just genius

Roll up! I couldn’t afford a bed guard to stop my daughter falling out of bed. Instead, I rolled one of her pillows and tucked it under her bed sheet. Works so well my friends have pinched the idea! Sophie Palmer, Nether Stowey Budget brew I live on my own and as a pensioner, I have a low income. To save on my electricity bill, I use a flask all day so need to boil the kettle only once in the morning. Jackie Crowe, Brightlingsea Every last bit Don’t throw away your old tubes of face cream, etc. Cut off the base and seal with a freezer clip. So much more usage, and saves your money, too! Tony Smith, Matlock Perfect press Iron shirt collars using a straightening iron for a precise finish. Sue Clarke, Middlesbrough Time to up-cycle My wellies had split,…

4 min.
i’ll bring my boy home

Helen Womack, 51, Preston Up here, Mum!’ a little voice shouted. I looked up, spotted my eldest son Ryan, then 8, halfway up the huge oak tree in my mum’s garden. ‘Get down, now!’ I said in a panic. My little daredevil... ‘That boy was born to be outside,’ my mum Tina, 73, laughed. It was true. Ryan hated school. He was smart, just not academic. And he could never sit still. So it was no surprise when, at 16, he told us he was leaving school to train as a tree surgeon. ‘The police are here. Ryan’s had an accident’ A few years later, he set up his own company. Me and his dad Tony, 51, were really proud. Ryan was close to his sister Anna, 20, and like a second dad to his brother Ben, 9. Often, Ryan’s work…

4 min.
murder at the mansion?

Born into a powerful and wealthy family from China, Tiffany Li was not short of cash. But inside her mansion in affluent Hillsborough, California, catastrophe was brewing. And there was nothing money could do to stop it. In October 2015, Tiffany’s boyfriend Keith Green had discovered she was having an affair with his pal Kaveh Bayat. Tiffany had complained to friends that Keith was more interested in money than their children. The couple had gone through a bitter break-up, with their two daughters, 2 and 4, caught in the middle of the angst. Keith had moved out, Tiffany moved Kaveh in. Then, Tiffany falsely accused her ex-boyfriend of stealing her Range Rover. But through the rows and accusations, the couple had to make custody arrangements for their girls. So, at around 10.15pm on a Thursday night in April 2016,…

1 min.
not guilty

On 15 November 2019, the jury announced it had reached its verdicts, after lengthy deliberation. Tiffany Li was found not guilty of Keith Green’s murder and conspiring to kill and dispose of his body in 2016. She wept in court as the verdict was read out. In the case of Kaveh Bayat, the judge declared a mistrial, as jurors could not agree on a verdict, and in December it was decided he would not be retried. Murder charges against Olivier Adella were dropped. District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said he respected the jury’s decision to acquit Tiffany Li, adding they had put their ‘heart and soul’ into the case. Li’s lawyer Geoffrey Carr said the verdict had no links to her wealth. ‘It had nothing to do with money, it had to do with…