• Travel & Outdoor
  • Women's Lifestyle
  • Adult
FEATURED
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 30-Jan-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read More
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

In this issue

2 min.
picture perfect

Enjoying our holidays in Havana, Cuba, my friend Molly (left) and I enjoyed a trip in a rented car, posing like film stars! Amie Yetton, Duxford Fun times! My gorgeous girls - Betty-Lou, 4, and Teddie, 2 - had a giggle making funny voices through an empty loo roll. It really is the simple things..! Charley Pieri, Chingford Oops! Didn't mean to look this glum as I took a selfie! Jess Ward, Prenton Thienna, my 5-year-old, and my mum Ruth are the best of friends, often dressing up together at school, where Mum works, and even share the same birthday. Claire Huish, Withycombe My husband Ian met actor Ricky Tomlinson in July, while we were on a break in Benidorm. What a lovely man he was! Meryl Pierrepont, Nottingham Looks as if our pet hamster Dorito has bitten off rather…

6 min.
the marriagge crasher

Nikki Carter, 26, Immingham Opening my eyes, excitement rushed through me as I stretched out in bed. Today’s the day! It was September 2017 and I was marrying the man of my dreams. I was becoming Mrs Lewis Smith, a moment I’d dreamt of since we got together six years ago. I thought back to when we’d met. Friends at first, but then our connection blossomed into something more. Charming and thoughtful, Lewis, 29, was great with my son from a previous relationship, Elliot, then just 1. So when I fell pregnant unexpectedly in December 2012, I was thrilled. And on Christmas Day, Lewis had a surprise of his own. ‘Nikki, will you marry me?’ he’d asked, opening up a box to show me a beautiful ring. ‘Yes, of course!’ I cried, kissing him. The next nine months were a whirlwind. When…

1 min.
just genius

Baking brainwave I don’t own a muffin tray, so I use individual jar lids. I just pop the paper cases, filled with the cupcake or muffin mixture, in the lids and put them on a baking tray to go in the oven. It makes washing up much simpler too! Mike Joseph, Lawford Bloomin’ bright idea It seemed a shame to throw away my garden solar light bulbs, so I put some artificial flowers in them. They look so pretty, inside or out! Sheila Riley, Great Wakering Purr-fection Fed up with my cats’ very shabby scratching tree, I gave it a makeover with faux-fur fabric and sisal and jute rope around the posts. They love it, and so do I! Jan MacGregor, Glasgow Easy access I put all my utensils in a large flowerpot I bought from the garden centre. Saves…

4 min.
unforgettable smile

Kirstie Raper, 29, Hessle Beaming with pride, my daughter Avayah, then 3, clutched her newborn brother in her arms. ‘He’s my baby,’ she grinned. It was August 2018 and, despite being born three weeks early, our son Lewin was a perfect, healthy little boy. Our family felt complete. Just like me and my fiance Khyle, then 28, Avayah was obsessed with Lewin, smiling as she showed him her dolls. ‘He’s going to like football, though,’ grinned Khyle. Such a happy baby, at 2 months old Lewin gave me a big grin as I put him down in his cot. ‘Are you smiling for Mummy?’ I cooed, my heart bursting with love. Yet Lewin was a clingy baby, always wanting to be held. And one day in November 2018, he was crying every time I put him down. As I changed his…

1 min.
what’s your style? jeans

BOOTCUT STYLE TIP A comfortable fit that skims the thighs, highlights the waist and tends to look best worn with heels WIDE-LEG STYLE TIP A flattering option for pear shapes, these will balance the proportions of wider hips RELAXED-FIT STYLE TIP Neither wide-fit nor skinny jeans, these are the perfect in-between style SKINNY STYLE TIP Look for designs that offer extra support, like these sculpting jeggings…

4 min.
desperate to escape

Amy Mullis, 39, had been married to pig farmer Todd for 14 years. She loved hunting, fishing and spending time outdoors with their 13-year-old son. She’d even left her job as a registered nurse so that she could spend more time on the family farm. But things weren’t as perfect as they appeared. Because the reality was that Amy was desperate to leave her husband. For five months, Amy and Todd had been sleeping in separate beds and Amy had engaged in a secret affair. She had confided in her close friends that she felt ‘trapped’ by her husband Todd, 43. They even jokingly called her POT Wife – short for ‘prisoner of Todd’. Sadly, Amy was never to make her escape from the farm... Freak accident? On 10 November 2018, Amy’s son found her crouched, unresponsive, in…