• Travel & Outdoor
  • Women's Lifestyle
  • Adult
FEATURED
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 13-Feb-2020

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read More
BUY ISSUE
£0.70(Incl. tax)
SUBSCRIBE
£40(Incl. tax)
50 Issues

In this issue

1 min.
picture perfect

The three wise daxies…see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil! My adorable trio Tilly, Frank and Millie. Karen Welch, Warrington It's me, striking a ‘model' pose at an outside event for Hospital Radio banger racing! Linda Nesbitt, Conwy Bertie's got his gear on and he's ready for his stroll - he can't understand what's taking me so long to get ready! Nick Roche, Northampton Here's me and my lovely hubby Richard, when we met back in 1976. We've been married for 40 years. Brita Bevis, Sleaford On Valentine's Day, my hubby Ken and I always get dressed up and go to the theatre to see a music gig. Colleen Brunton, Enfield My daughter Mia, 1, and I enjoyed a day at our local farm. She loved playing farmer on the tractor! Lisa Adams, Halesowen Our 8-month old Maine Coon kitten,…

5 min.
who needs enemies?!

Lauren Jane, 25, Llanelli Rummaging through my wardrobe, I pulled out armfuls of dresses, skirts and jackets. Laying it all on the bed, I turned to my best friend Maddie, 19. ‘Borrow anything you want,’ I smiled. ‘Thanks, babe!’ she said. It was 13 February 2019 and I was helping Maddie get ready for a night out. We’d known each other for four years, were the best of friends. And we loved any excuse to get glammed up together. Had had countless nights out on the town. Especially since I’d broken up with Adam, 27. I thought we had something special. He’d doted on my daughter from a previous relationship. But after two years, we’d split. And I’d been devastated. Like a true friend, Maddie had been there for me. ‘You’re better off without him,’ she’d said, wiping away my tears. She’d comforted me…

1 min.
just genius

Sole-full My husband had the great idea of using a coat rack as a shoe rack, low on the wall, to keep things tidy. Leona Heckman, Trefnant Common scents I have so much lavender growing in my garden, I decided to make essential oil with it. I use it to polish the oak furniture in my kitchen, which makes the room smell lovely! Lisa Marie Strzeszewski, Tardes, France The daily grind Use a small funnel when filling up salt and pepper pots. It makes the task much quicker and isn’t nearly as messy. Carol Wood, Kendal Some like it hot Pop your plates in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes before serving your meal. It takes the chill off them. Christine Drake, Haworth Mix and mash To keep your spuds fresher for longer, pop an apple in the bag with…

4 min.
brave heart theo

Fauve Syers, 31, Salford As my newborn son Theo snoozed in his cot, he didn’t as much as stir. It was May 2017 and I couldn’t believe how lucky we were with him sleeping through the night. ‘He’s a godsend, isn’t he?’ I smiled to my partner Steven, then 34. I’d heard horror stories of babies wailing constantly in those first few days. Not our little Theo. But when Theo was just eight days old, I noticed his little lips looked blue. ‘Stick the heating on, will you?’ I asked Steven. But minutes later, his lips were still tinged blue. ‘Something’s wrong,’ I panicked. Ringing 111, I listed his symptoms – he was breathing with his tummy and his head was frantically going up and down as he breathed in and out, but at the same time he was…

4 min.
all for the camera?

Scrolling through Vanessa Masucci’s Facebook profile, it would be easy to think she had it all. Regular posts drew a timeline of her courtship with her partner Andrew MacCormack. An announcement of their engagement, happy snaps of their wedding. Vanessa’s profile picture showed her in a beautiful fishtail gown on her big day, glowing with happiness. She was a teacher, Andrew had a good job in a union. They lived in a new house in Revere, Massachusetts, USA. And in 2016, they’d announced the arrival of their baby girl. It should have been the start of a long, happy future. But on September 2017, tragedy struck. Andrew was out when he received a worried phone call from Vanessa’s parents. They couldn’t reach her. Andrew raced back home, staying on the line to Vanessa’s mum. Arriving, he told them…

1 min.
guilty

On 18 November 2019, Andrew MacCormack, 31, was found guilty of the first-degree murder of his wife. After the verdict was delivered, Vanessa’s heartbroken sister Angela told of the gaping hole left by her sister’s death. She said that Vanessa’s three-year-old daughter asks her to drive her to heaven, so she can visit her mother, who ‘lives in the clouds’. ‘She will never laugh as hard as we did at Vanessa’s jokes and sense of humour,’ Angela said. Soon after, Andrew MacCormack was sentenced to life without parole, but even after the jury returned its verdict, he still protested his innocence. ‘There is someone out there getting away with murder,’ MacCormack insisted. His lawyer told the court of Andrew MacCormack’s plans to appeal his conviction for murder.…