EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 26-Mar-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Read More
BUY ISSUE
£0.70
SUBSCRIBE
£40
50 Issues

in this issue

2 min.
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_ magazine@ti-media.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

5 min.
what lies beneath

Sue Bramley, 51, Mansfield Kneeling on the grass, a trowel in her hand, my daughter Sophie, then 7, was hard at work. Bless, she’d spent all morning planting flowers. As I sipped a brew in my deckchair, Sophie busied herself with bulbs and a watering can. ‘Looks great, love,’ I told her. Even though I knew how this usually ended… Ever since we’d moved into our two-bed semi in spring 2006, Sophie’s flowers had never amounted to much. ‘They haven’t grown again, Mum!’ she huffed a few weeks later. ‘Maybe it’s the soil,’ I said. Eventually, she gave up trying to grow anything. Still, the house and lovely big back garden in a quiet cul-de-sac was perfect for us. I’d throw family barbecues and the children would all play together on the grass. Home sweet home. The previous owners had clearly looked after…

1 min.
spiral xword

In a French expression denoting a wild exaggeration, what is claimed to have once blocked the port of Marseille? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the prize puzzle answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 2 1 Fortress (6) 2 Age at which you can vote in England (8) 3 Small in width (6) 4 Ballroom dance (5) 5 Reanimated corpse (6) 6 Secretly listen in (9) 7 Celebrity photographers (9) 8 Sixth colour of the rainbow (6) 9 Edible bulb (5) 10 City in southern Italy (6) 11 Packed lunch item (8) 12 Good-looking (8) 13 Penguin species (7) 14 Water from clouds (9) 15 Five-armed marine creature (8) 16 Prisoner restraint items (9) Your answer:…

1 min.
just genius

A loaf of good Before washing out my roasting tin, I wipe it round with a slice of bread to put on the bird table. The birds love it and the fat keeps them warm. Dennis Beeby, Ormskirk Got the write idea When the notelets from my memo pad box ran out, it seemed a shame to throw away the container. Instead I decided to use it as a jewellery box. Karen McGuire, Cleethorpes Under lock and key If you’re going out walking or running and you’re short on pockets, thread your door key on to one of your laces before doing them up and tuck it underneath them. Sue Aldwin, Wigan £25 For every photo tip that we print Just my type! If you struggle to clean in between the keys on your keyboard, just swipe a…

3 min.
sleepovers to sleepless nights

Samara Davis, 20, Portsmouth Try as I might, I just couldn’t focus on the exam paper in front of me. I was sitting my GCSEs – the pathway to A levels, then uni. I had to do well. But all I could think about was the pain I was in. I was 16 and suffered heavy and painful periods. Every month, I’d be bed-bound. I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. Nothing the doctors gave me helped. ‘Why me?’ I’d cry to my mum, Sharon, 54. Though I’d always been academic, I fell behind with my studies. And here I was now, wondering how I’d get through the next hour. In the end, it was a miracle I scraped five GCSEs. Then, that summer, I collapsed at home. Scans showed that I had a cyst on my ovary, causing bleeding in my pelvic cavity. While…

1 min.
what’s your style? cover-ups

ALL UNDER £40 BIKER STYLE TIP Keep your look casual by pairing with a maxi dress and trainers DENIM STYLE TIP Denim jackets never go out of style. Mix and match different tones for a modern look BOMBER STYLE TIP Dress up your bomber jacket with a midi skirt and block heels TRENCH COATS STYLE TIP Accentuate your waist with a chic trench coat…