EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 09-Apr-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Frequency:
Weekly
Read More
BUY ISSUE
£0.70
SUBSCRIBE
£40
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat…

A trip to the supermarket could’ve cost Amelia her life – now her young daughter has an important warning to share (p62). The countdown was on for Nancy’s 30th. Could she reinvent herself in time? (p32). And after the tragic death of his disabled wife, suspicion fell on Peter. But could he really stoop so low? (p16). On top of all your regular fave features and puzzles, check out our round-up of the best supermarket style bargains (p12) and the fun Easter bake ideas (p42) to use up all that extra choc… if you have any, that is! Stay safe and well this week. During this worrying time, we wish all of our readers good health. We hope Chat offers some welcome distraction. If you’re staying in and don’t want to miss…

1 min.
picture perfect

Susan, my wife, loved this rhino at Port Zoo in Portugal. It was as close as she could get to the real thing! Mark Gillan, Glengormley Yoga cat! I find my moggie Kenny in the strangest of positions… Elle McAtamney, London My daughter Emmie, 7, caught up with Chat puzzles while she waited at the dentist. Lisa Jones, Tredegar Feeling on top of the world! With my granddaughter at the top of the Eiffel Tower. I’ve always wanted to do it – and now, at 83, I have. It was exhilarating! Pamela Maner, Ashford Dino-dotty… My daughter Paige is obsessed with dinosaurs, so you can imagine how excited she was to get this for her 7th birthday! Annette Pruden, Wellington Four generations of my family together, celebrating the christening of my granddaughter Laina. Rose, who’s…

5 min.
one hell of a surprise

Sammy Wilson, 43, Bishop’s Stortford Seeing the presents piled high, party food covering the table, I was feeling pretty pleased with myself. This year, I’d pulled out all the stops, spared no expense. But to me, every penny was worth it. Neal is going to love it, I thought. My partner Neal, then 46, and I had met on Christmas Eve 2005. By far the best-looking lad in the pub, I swanned over to him and flashed a cheeky smile. We hit it off, exchanged numbers. Three weeks later, Neal got a cab to mine late at night. He didn’t leave for a week. I knew then that what we had was special. Our relationship went from strength to strength. Neal took my lad from a previous relationship – Ryan, 18 – under his wing. And not long after, I fell pregnant with…

1 min.
spiral xword

An ox licking its hoof and a dog rolling on the ground indicate what in an Ancient Greek text? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the answer. Your answer: WIN £150 Puzzle 2 1 Large African animal (5) 2 Egg dish (8) 3 Parisian tower (6) 4 Mischievous Irish elf (10) 5 Facial feature (4) 6 Small insect with pincers (6) 7 Spanish sailing ship (7) 8 Fluid collected by bees (6) 9 Heating device (8) 10 Wireless (5) 11 One of 8 children (8) 12 Percussion instrument (10) 13 Cry out (7) 14 Type of nut (9) 15 Teenager (10) 16 Second sign of the zodiac (6)…

1 min.
just genius

Sticky situation If you end up getting superglue on your fingers, rub very gently with an emery board to remove it. Jean Redsell, Gravesend Easy cleaning When cleaning the chip pan or fryer, decanting any leftover, cold vegetable oil into an empty coffee jar makes it much easier to dispose of. John Entwistle, Blackburn Grime buster A really easy way to clean oven racks is to pop a laundry sheet and hot water in the bath and let them soak for an hour. It removes the grime effortlessly. Tamara Edgerton, Edinburgh Crooks beware! Keep burglars on their toes by painting an empty plastic chocolate tub white and attaching some stickers to give the look of a flashy security system. Simon Wendt, Milton Keynes Water good idea To save water – and money now we’re on a water meter –…

4 min.
holding on to hope

Samantha Lasserre, 35, Aldershot Bringing the meeting to a close, I put my hand on my forehead. Clammy and dizzy, I wasn’t feeling right at all. ‘You’ve gone as white as a sheet,’ a colleague said. Though I’d felt rough all morning, I was a supermarket manager and couldn’t miss this training session in January 2019. At first, I’d put it down to hormones. After all, I was 24 weeks pregnant with a baby boy. Me and my husband Bruno, then 34, were so excited, had already named him Maxime. But now I was worried that something was seriously wrong. ‘I think I should go to hospital,’ I said weakly. A colleague drove me to Kingston Hospital’s Early Pregnancy Unit. I’d become a regular there after intermittent bleeding throughout my pregnancy. But somehow, this felt different. And after I was checked by a…