EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 21-May-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Frequency:
Weekly
Read More
BUY ISSUE
£0.70
SUBSCRIBE
£40
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min.
come on in!

Charlotte grew up without her mum and needed to take drastic action to spare her kids the same fate (p22). Former art student Hannah stumbled into a job that’s creepy, but fascinating (p16). And facing multiple murder charges, the man in the dock gave a truly shocking excuse (p14) If it’s fun and distraction you’re after, check out our board game round-up (p42), challenge the kids to our Skoolz Out! quiz (p32) or get stuck into our prize puzzles. Plus so much more. Stay safe and well this week. During this worrying time, we wish all of our readers good health. We hope Chat offers some welcome distraction. If you’re staying in and don’t want to miss out on your copy, you can download an issue from the App Store or Play Store direct to your…

1 min.
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@ti-media.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

5 min.
killed for her kindness

Standing outside the Tube station, my eyes darted from person to person. Any minute… And then there she was, my sister’s beaming smile shining out. ‘Hiya!’ she called, arms outstretched to me. Antoinette, then 51, never failed to lift my spirits. It was January 2017, and every week she’d come from her home in Battersea, south London, to mine in Kilburn, north London. We strolled, arm-in-arm, back to my flat, where me and Nan, as we all called her, chatted over endless cups of coffee. I loved our time together, us two and our disabled brother Paul, 47, who lived with me. Just like old times. But we hadn’t always been this close. We’d been brought up in Ireland, our parents had 12 children. But sadly, when we were living in Essex during the 70s, Nan was sexually abused,…

1 min.
spiral xword

Apart from monarchs and mythological figures, which person has appeared on a Bank of England £1 note? The answer to each clue begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares spell out the prize answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 2 1 A colour (6) 2 An Australasian marsupial (7) 3 Juvenile (5) 4 Drinking vessel (5) 5 Flood defences or ballast (8) 6 School bag (7) 7 Ancient language (5) 8 Songbird (11) 9 Professional (6) 10 Bird’s claw (5) 11 Integer, digit (6) 12 __ of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones film (7) 13 Russian tea urn (7) 14 Soft fruit (9) 15 US national park (11) 16 US TV crime drama starring Lucy Liu (10) Your answer:…

1 min.
just genius

Cut above the rest If your scissors need sharpening, take a piece of kitchen foil and rub the duller side across the edge of the blade. Diane Silva, Bournemouth A litter better A sprinkle of baby powder in your cat’s litter box after scooping can make it smell a little less smelly! Leona Heckman, Trefnant Picture perfect When I completed my jigsaw of Blackpool, I liked it so much I glued it together and put it in a frame on my wall. It makes a great picture! K Milner, Pudsey Flower power If you don’t want your flowers to flop when you put them in a vase, simply prick a pinhole right through the stem of each plant about an inch from the flower head and they should stand tall for longer. Gemma Anderson, Sunderland A close shave To create your own portable…

4 min.
unicorns beat cancer!

Grabbing a toy car from her older brother, Kenni, then 2, trotted away. My little girl’s mouth was turned up in a cheeky grin. I knew that look well! Her big brothers, Jackson, 5, and Cason, 4, ran after her into the garden. Playful shouts and screams erupted as the boys tried to prise the toy from Kenni’s hands. That was my Kenni all over – the naughty little sister keeping her brothers on their toes. Cheeky and energetic, she was a lovable menace. Loved pretty dresses, but had a tomboy edge. Her favourite fancy-dress outfit was a Minnie Mouse dress with the famous cute ears and red spotty bow. Only, she’d put her unique spin on it by carrying around a toy dagger. ‘That’s my girl!’ I laughed as she playfully waved it about, a naughty glint in her…