EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 28-May-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
TI-Media
Frequency:
Weekly
Read More
BUY ISSUE
£0.70
SUBSCRIBE
£40
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat…

Katelin feared she’d never be a mummy till her best friend made an incredible offer (p10). At a time when the NHS has never been closer to our hearts, Aneira shares why she has a special reason to celebrate our health heroes (p42). And Brenda explains why her manly hubby kept being mistaken for a woman (p32). Keep little hands busy with our kid-friendly bakes (p38) and check out our stylish fashion (p12). Plus we have all the usual puzzles, prizes, health advice and tips you love. Stay safe and well this week. During this worrying time, we wish all of our readers good health. We hope Chat offers some welcome distraction. If you’re staying in and don’t want to miss out on your copy, you can download an issue from…

2 min.
picture perfect

£25 for any photos that we use on Picture Perfect. They must not have been sent to any other publication and you must include written permission from a child’s parent/s or guardian/s. Post to Picture Perfect, Chat, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP, or email chat_magazine@ti-media.com Unfortunately, we can’t return photos without a SAE. And please don’t forget to include your full address and a contact number.…

5 min.
trapped in a silent hell

He always wanted to cuddle and tickle me on the sofa With a grin, my mum’s new boyfriend Scott, then 34, handed me a bag full of gummy bears. ‘Thank you!’ I said, using my hands to sign the words. I’d been born deaf, but now aged 10, I was an expert at sign language. ‘I’ll learn,’ Scott mouthed, patting me on the head. It was February 2011 and my mum seemed smitten with Scott. She’d just brought him home for the first time and introduced him to me and my two older sisters, then aged 12 and 19. He was a gentle man, seemed shy. He sat patiently beside me while I showed him how to sign his name. I’d never really known my real dad. Him and Mum split up when I was a baby. But Scott quickly…

1 min.
just genius

Can you believe it? The plastic lid from an instant-coffee tin is the perfect size for putting on open cans to keep contents fresh. Becky Jacobs, Birmingham Purrfect tip If your pet cat is moulting, try brushing them while they are in a cardboard box. The box will stop the fur going everywhere and it can be easily disposed of when you’re finished. Emma Gritt, London Pasta-bility To make it easier for children to eat spaghetti with a spoon, use clean scissors to cut it up in the bowl before serving. Jana Copley, London £25 For every photo tip that we print What’s cooking? I have found that oven-cleaner spray is really effective when it comes to cleaning a burnt pan. Bea Wilkinson, Cullompton Topsy-turvy Store your roll-on deodorant upside down in an old toiletries top. This makes it easier…

4 min.
when friends become family

Tears streaming down my cheeks, I curled up into a ball on the sofa. As I did, I felt a comforting hand grab mine. ‘Everything will be OK,’ my best friend Erica told me defiantly. ‘Will it?’ I sobbed, looking at her through my bloodshot eyes. It was 2015 and I’d just suffered my second miscarriage. A little boy we later discovered had Down’s syndrome, whose precious heart had stopped beating just shy of nine weeks. Me and my husband Patrick, then 30, were broken, terrified we’d never be parents. I’d never needed Erica, then 29, more. We’d known each other since birth, spent every weekend at one another’s houses, played all the same instruments and sports. Were even bridesmaids at each other’s weddings. Erica had two children of her own and I adored being an auntie to them, watching…

2 min.
the biggie

WIN £1,001 Puzzle 5 What connects actor Ken Jeong and comedian Harry Hill? To find out, solve the crossword then read down the shaded squares to find the prize puzzle answer. ACROSS 1 __ David, singer (5) 4 Weak and feeble person (4) 6 Author of The Handmaid’s Tale (8,6) 13 Mean or miserly person (7) 14 Alleviate, assuage (7) 15 English county (5) 16 Red meat (4) 17 __ balloon, floating craft (3-3) 18 All together (6) 20 __ Brooker, comedian (4) 21 __ Bolt, athlete (5) 22 Turns upside down (6) 25 Class or division of things (8) 28 Kebab spike (6) 30 Go by bike (5) 32 Plunging or diving (8) 34 European country, whose capital is Warsaw (6) 35 Russian ruler (4) 38 Land surrounded by water (6) 39 George __, Star Trek actor (5) 40 Vertical pillar or support (6) 43 Ribbon (4) 44 __ Christie, author (6) 45 Mythical creatures,…