ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 12-Mar-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
BUY ISSUE
₹ 69.79
SUBSCRIBE
₹ 3,988.20
50 Issues

in this issue

5 min.
not a penny left

Susan Chiswell, 68, Melton Mowbray Opening the front door to my daughter, Joanne, then 32, I felt my mood lift. ‘Let’s take you out,’ she smiled, grabbing my coat. It was 2009 and for months I’d been feeling depressed, hiding away in my twobedroom house, too low to leave. The year before, in December 2008, my beloved dad, Dennis, had passed away from a heart condition. I missed him desperately. All I had left were precious memories, captured in photographs and keepsakes he and my mum Barbara had left me. Grief-stricken, I’d started drinking. After giving up my job working in a children’s home, I was spending weeks on end alone. Joanne and my son Mark, then 37, both popped round when they could. ‘We just want you to get well,’ Joanne used to tell me. But that was easier said…

1 min.
spiral xword

What is the lowest rank of Knight in the British honours system? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the one-word prize answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 2 1 Early plastic (8)2 Large African mammal (8)3 Root vegetable (6)4 Student (5) 5 Large pond (4)6 Absolutely necessary (9)7 Maze (9)8 Vacation (7)9 Alpine singing (9)10 Thankfulness (9)11 Bird of prey (5)12 Gets away (7)13 Small mouse-like animal (5)14 Tusked mammal (6)15 Round (9)16 Teaching at university (9) Your answer:…

1 min.
just genius

Ready to tumble Put a ball of scrunched-up aluminium foil in your tumble dryer with your load. It stops static to give you cling-free clothes. Kym Yetton, Papworth Everard Wheelie useful To keep floors and carpets clean, pop cheap plastic shower caps over dirty buggy wheels before you go through the door. Alexandra Low, Halesowen Nailed it I use a dab of toothpaste on the back of a picture frame to show exactly where nails need to be on the wall. It really helps when you’re positioning pics! Valerie Bowler, Derby Simply the zest To remove water marks on stainless-steel taps, wipe with lemon juice, leave overnight, then rinse. Shine restored! Heather McEwen, Norwich Toy story Bath toys are a nightmare for staying wet and harbouring germs. So I bought this little net bag and hung it on a hook over the bath…

4 min.
father unknown

Kim Armstrong, 58, Comber Flicking through a family photo album, I loved looking at the dog-eared pics. Mum Elsie pushing me in a pram and me bouncing on my dad Alex’s knee. I was just 6 months old when Elsie and Alex adopted me. ‘We asked the children’s home for the nicest baby they had – and they gave us you!’ Dad would tell me. I had a perfect childhood. But even so, I’d often wondered about my biological parents. All I knew was that my real mum had been young when she’d fallen pregnant with me. And my real dad wasn’t even named on my birth certificate. Father unknown, it said. It was one of life’s mysteries and I’d grown to accept it. But when I married Alan and later had children of my own – Steven in 1989 and…

2 min.
the biggie

WIN £1,001 Puzzle 5 Maisie Williams said she would ‘love to’ do what full-time, after taking part in a charity event? To find out, solve the crossword then read down the shaded squares to find the one-word prize answer. Across 11 Uproar (6)12 Give up, relinquish (9)13 School test (4)14 Online identification (8)15 Of a town or city (5)16 Concealed (6)17 US state where Stranger Things is set (7)18 Social occasion (6,5)20 Leaves out (5)22 Concentration (9)24 Tower connecting cables (5)28 Army member (7)29 __ May, former Prime Minister (7)32 Colony of rabbits (6)34 Definitions of words (8)36 Treatment of the feet (8)37 Salad vegetable (6)39 Cover and extend beyond (7)40 Examine closely (7)45 Combined numbers (5)47 Emphasise or reinforce (9)48 Citrus fruit (5)51 Wild confusion (11)53 Sluggish or inactive (7)55 Brings together…

4 min.
he said, she said

It would seem a risky decision for any civilian to trek into Talibancontrolled territory in Afghanistan. But for Caitlan Coleman, 33, it was even more dangerous. She was seven months pregnant with her first child. Yet, despite telling friends they’d only travel to ‘safe countries’ during their six-month trip around Central Asia, Caitlan and her new husband Joshua Boyle crossed the border in 2012 into lands blighted by conflict. Joshua styled himself as a ‘pilgrim’ on a mission to help Afghan civilians. However, their good intentions backfired when the couple – while backpacking in Taliban-controlled regions – were kidnapped by a Taliban-linked insurgent group in a mountainous region outside Kabul. The couple were described as ‘naive’ by their friends. It was a year before their families knew they’d been kidnapped, when a video was emailed to…