ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 27-Aug-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
BUY ISSUE
₹ 69.26
SUBSCRIBE
₹ 3,958
50 Issues

in this issue

5 min.
guest of dishonour

Catherine, 55 Dragging a suitcase through the front door, my brother Charles shook his hair out of his face. ‘Hello, sis,’ he grinned. Smiling shyly, I hurried off to my room. I was 9, Charles was 18. He’d been away at boarding school, so I didn’t see him a lot. In fact, he was a stranger to me really. Most of the time, without a dad around, it was just me and Mum, Denise, then 40. And that’s exactly how I liked it. Just weeks after Charles came home, he started arguing with Mum. ‘Go to your room!’ Mum roared back. Seconds later, he stormed past me, kicking a cupboard. ‘What are you looking at?’ he spat. I realised then that I was scared of my big brother. He was always shouting, smelt of booze. And over the next months, he lost his temper constantly. The…

1 min.
spiral xword

Which 2016 album’s title was inspired by a quote from rapper Jay-Z’s grandmother? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the prize answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 3 1 Edible tuber (6) 2 Protest, opposition (9) 3 1922 vampire film (9) 4 One-horned beast (7) 5 Arctic whale (7) 6 2013 biographical film about a US president (7) 7 The Queen’s _, novel (4) 8 Scotland’s capital city (9) 9 One side of a coin (5) 10 The _ Army, charity (9) 11 Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream (10) 12 Preferential treatment of one’s relatives or friends (8) 13 Currency (5) 14 Colour (6) 15 Fairground ride (7) 16 E W Hornung’s ‘gentleman thief’ (7)…

1 min.
just genius

Wrap it up Celery will keep for a few more weeks if you wrap it up in aluminium foil when storing it in the fridge. Jeena Sumner, Fortis Green Cut above the rest If you lose the key that comes with a tin of corned beef and are struggling to open it, simply use some scissors as a replacement and it will open with ease. Pamela Hamer, Swansea A good match Storing plastic containers with the lids off stops them smelling, but makes it harder to find the right lid, so I use elastic bands to keep them together. Julia Rabey, Rainham Fry-day When frying meat, put a metal colander upside down over the pan. It will allow steam to escape but stops any splattering. Judith Cairns, Colchester Convenient condiment Soak a sponge cloth in distilled vinegar to clean around the rubber door…

5 min.
‘but he’s my cousin…’

Cheryl, 47, Hertfordshire As the doorbell chimed, I rolled my eyes. ‘David’s here,’ I groaned. ‘Be nice,’ my dad, then 36, laughed as he walked towards the door. It was February 1981 and we’d been expecting the monthly visit from some of the family. My dad’s brother, then 28, and his son, my cousin, David, then 8. As Dad greeted my uncle, David yanked my ponytail. ‘Get off,’ I shrieked, running away. Each month, my cousin David and I would playfight or watch TV while our parents nattered away. Only, six years later, David’s mum died suddenly. Our family was devastated. Even more so when we discovered that David and my uncle were moving 40 miles away. He may have been my annoying little cousin, but I’d miss him dearly. ‘I can’t believe he’s gone,’ I cried to my parents. ‘I’m sure you’ll still…

2 min.
what’s your style? all-in-ones

STYLE TIP It’s all about getting the right style for your shape. First, decide whether a cropped, wide, or straight leg suits you best. STYLE TIP The easy-to-wear floral style makes this the perfect summer outfit. Just throw on a pair of sandals, grab a basket bag and you’re ready to go. STYLE TIP Best teamed with box-fresh white trainers for an effortlessly cool look. STYLE TIP Swap your usual jeans and T-shirt for a stylish jumpsuit. Always opt for a style with a built-in belt or nipped-in waist to define your frame.…

2 min.
the biggie

US actor Ashley Tisdale has said she was at her most star-struck meeting whom? To find out, solve the crossword then read down the shaded squares to find the two-word prize answer. ACROSS 11 Type of seed (6) 12 Facial hair (9) 13 Do as told (4) 14 _ Jolie, Maleficent actor (8) 15 One who looks after someone else (5) 16 Harvested (6) 17 Slim (7) 18 Founded (11) 20 Collision (5) 22 Very small planets (9) 24 Enraged (5) 28 Openly resisting (7) 29 Broken, fractured (7) 32 A light wind (6) 34 Breathing out (8) 36 Pointed heel of a shoe (8) 37 Unexpected (6) 39 Landlocked European country to the south of Germany (7) 40 Baby frog (7) 45/48 Actor who won an Oscar for her role in Monster’s Ball (5,5) 47 Very pretty (9) 48 See 45 Across 51 Self-sufficient (11) 53 Sibling’s sons (7) 55 Produced in a theatre (6) 56 Travel…