ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 08-Oct-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
BUY ISSUE
₹ 67.57
SUBSCRIBE
₹ 3,861.08
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min.
come on in!

Welcome to this week’s Chat… How did a bunch of birthday flowers help Jodie get justice against the man who abused her? (p6) Two couples share their fostering journey, proving families come in all shapes and sizes (p24). Denise has a special message for the stranger who helped her through a very scary day (p58). Plus we’ve got the prize puzzles and regular features you love, including three quick, tasty curries (p40). If you give one a go, don’t forget to give Deborah’s genius onion tip a try! (p9). Stay safe and well this week.…

5 min.
evidence of evil

Dumping my school bag in the hallway, I settled in front of the TV. Minutes later, a glass of juice and a plate of chocolate biscuits arrived in front of me. ‘Thanks, Paul,’ I smiled. It was August 2007 and this was my regular afterschool routine. Round at our neighbours’, with Paul Britton and his wife. I’d play for hours with their little ones. After my parents split recently, my mum Nicky, then 37, was juggling different jobs to keep a roof over our heads. So, after school, I’d stop over next door until Mum got home. ‘I don’t know what I’d do without you,’ my mum would say to Paul. I was grateful, too. It felt like we’d gained a new family. Every time I left the Brittons’, Paul would envelop me in a huge cuddle. With no dad…

1 min.
spiral xword

Elizabeth Gaskell’s short story The Half- Brothers features a dog by what name? Brothers features a dog by what name? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the prize answer. 1 Scamp (6)2 Italian pasta dish with meat and cheese (7)3 Preserving a body (9)4 Spirit (5) 5 _ of the Apes, 1912 novel (6) 6 The Social _, 2010 film (7) 7 Tomato sauce (7)8 Leaflet (8)9 Lucky charm (8)10 Capital of Tennessee (9)11 Complicated, detailed (9)12 Run away to marry (5)13 Clint _, US actor (8)14 Hazardous (9)15 Ringed planet (6)16 Stinging plant (6) WIN £150 Puzzle 3 Your answer:…

1 min.
just genius

Going for gold Gold-themed food and drink items create a unique hamper for a golden wedding anniversary! Here’s the lovely one I made for my parents’ anniversary. Robert Sturman, Peterborough Fresh bread Store your bread in a cool bag with an ice pack to keep it fresh when the weather is warm. Change the ice pack twice a day and it won’t dry out like it does in the fridge. Mat Overton, Ilkley Perfect spread I found the ideal solution to spreading butter from the fridge – use a potato peeler! It softens the butter and means you don’t have to leave it out in the summer months. M Macleod, Ayr DIY ice I turn my old egg cartons into ice-cube trays. Just cut off the lid and fill the bottom half with water before putting them…

5 min.
‘just hold on, dad…’

Crying with happiness, my dad Dave, then 74, enveloped me in a hug. ‘Congratulations, love!’ he beamed. ‘Another baby in the family,’ my mum Sue, 68, joined in, glowing. It was December 2018 and we were celebrating my first pregnancy. My partner Jonathan had a six-year-old son. Our baby was the latest to join the Crease brigade. See, I’m the youngest of eight. That meant I’d already got 21 nieces and nephews, plus five greatnieces and nephews, too! A huge, close family. And Mum and Dad were always at the centre of it all. Growing up, I watched in awe as they both worked hard to make sure we were all supported. Dad as a gas man, Mum juggling various jobs. Living in London, we always loved a trip to Clacton in the holidays. Caravanning and playing on the beach.…

2 min.
the biggie

WIN £1,001 Puzzle 5 Who does British broadcaster Clare Balding say gave her the best piece of advice she has ever received? To find out, solve the crossword then read down the shaded squares to find the prize puzzle answer. ACROSS 11 Stranger Things actor, _ Ryder (6) 12 Decorative objects (9) 13 Highest point (4) 14 Actor who played Ned Stark in Game of Thrones (4,4) 15 Bert’s friend in children’s TVseries Sesame Street (5) 16 Get away (6) 17 Scold (4,3) 18 See-through (11) 20 Number of colours in a rainbow (5) 22 French breakfast pastry (9) 24 Emma _, La La Land actor (5) 28 Condiment often put on chips (7) 29 Nordic island nation in the Atlantic Ocean (7) 32 Edge of a page (6) 34 Flying machine (8) 36 Edible fish that has stripes (8) 37 Venue for gambling (6) 39 City in Lancashire (7) 40…