ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 05-Nov-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
BUY ISSUE
₹ 69.79
SUBSCRIBE
₹ 3,988.20
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

Brave Joanne was devastated when docs handed her a death sentence. She shares what happened to make her feel differently (p24). We’ve fallen head over heels for hero hound Emma Roo and we think you will too (p37). And we look at the story of how a bright young woman on the path to becoming a lawyer found herself the target of a huge criminal investigation by the FBI (p54). There’s loads more Chat faves to enjoy – like the great fashion (pl2) and a fab freebie on p29! Stay safe and well this week. During this worrying time, we wish all of our readers good health. We hope Chat offers some welcome distraction. If you’re staying in and don’t want to miss out on your copy, you can download an issue from the App…

1 min.
picture perfect

I certainly enjoyed having my tea with a celebrity on a trip to Disneyland Paris last year. What a treat! Chani Saunders, Great Torrington My daughter Lacey, six months, loves our dog Bernie very much. Here she is trying to undo the safety gate for her! Steph Carroll, Stoke-on-Trent Here are my lockdown twins Hughie and Isla at one week old, wearing babygrows designed by their big sister Lucy, 3. Didn’t our budding designer do a good job? Tabitha Stewart, Sittingbourne I love this picture of me and my dad taken when I hosted a Mexican- style evening for my parents’ anniversary. Lydia Mace-Moore, Birmingham Here are my three dachshunds, Norma, Poppy and Seren, all snuggled up together. They make up a sausage dog sandwich! Helen Broom, West Coker A very happy birthday to my friend Rhi Davies who celebrated…

5 min.
die for the camera

Bethe Marchant, 25, Leeds Arriving at my boyfriend Stefan’s house, I peered up at the tiny black eye watching my every move. The CCTV camera over the front door swivelled round. It was May 2019 and Stefan, then 28, had installed the equipment before we’d got together. ‘They’ll put off burglars,’ he told me. And they did make me feel safer when I came to stay with him. That night, me and Stefan headed out for dinner. I felt so lucky to have him. We’d first met at a bar in September 2018. Kind, caring and polite, he was everything I was looking for in a partner. And with his fit physique towering over 6ft, he wasn’t harsh on the eye, either. I was always daydreaming about our future together. The day we’d marry, our children together... But as I beamed at…

1 min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG You Are My Sunshine has been allocated what number in the Roud Folk Song Index? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 200252253333396628630638782790 4 digits 1548189024905278646771657678832485579832 5 digits 12552171991813023345251902711428864535318381286785882478871696160 6 digits 126655277379529111640750713712830390842021 7 digits 432683374707469986381 8 digits 70134512 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 Your answer: SPIRAL XWORD The Theft Act 1968 abolished what term as a technical definition within UK law that had been codified in a 1916 act of the same name? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the one-word prize answer. 1 Witch’s laugh (6) 2 _ Rita, 1983 film (9) 3 Small grotesque stone figure (8) 4 Keen (5) 5 Salad item (6) 6 Salty barbecue cheese (8) 7 Bjork’s birth country (7) 8 Yellow garden weed (9) 9 The _, Isle of Wight…

1 min.
just genius

Hair of the dog Use the bottom of your crocs to remove pet hair from rugs and carpets. The rubber sole works brilliantly and it’s less hassle than constantly vacuuming. Jo Kerrison, Norwich Straight to it Protect your straighteners from scratches by putting a pair of socks on the plates. Just make sure they’re fully cooled first! Amy Hall, Chester Idle idol I no longer had use for my lazy Susan, so I instead put it on my bedside table. Now, everything I need is in reach and no stretching over is needed. Maggie Lockyer, Bridport £25 For every Photo tip that we print Hair-raising idea I use an old DIY tool bag as a hair tidy. I fill it with the products I use on a daily basis for myself and my daughters, then fasten it around my waist ready…

5 min.
twins... again?!

Alexzandria Wolliston, 25 As soon as the sonographer pushed the cold gel across my belly, I shivered. Then there was silence as the blurry picture formed on the screen. ‘Everything OK? Is there more than one?’ I joked. ‘I’m not supposed to tell you this until the doctor comes,’ she replied with a smile. ‘But yes, there are two babies!’ Bursting into giggles, I couldn’t believe it. I know I’d asked...but I wasn’t expecting that! It was June 2018 and I’d managed to fall unexpectedly pregnant. See, I already had one baby, Ar’mani, with my ex-partner Curtis. We were childhood sweethearts, but split up after Ar’mani was born in January 2017. We loved being parents to our little girl, but our relationship didn’t work. Still, we stayed living together for our baby. Except being in the same house meant things could…