ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 19-Nov-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
BUY ISSUE
₹ 69.79
SUBSCRIBE
₹ 3,988.20
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat…

Chantelle knew her man had a dangerous weapon hidden in their home but she never dreamt that he’d turn it on her (p10). New mum Michele found a novel way to help others - and it involved buying a brand new freezer (p30). And Shelly shares how a traumatic start in life has never held her incredible daughter back (p37). We’ve got luxury looks on a budget (p12) and three tasty British pud recipes (p40) - as good as Granny’s! Plus the puzzles you love and so much more. Stay safe and well this week.…

6 min.
all for a quickie?!

As the doorbell rang, my mum hurried off to the front door and I heard a little boy’s voice. ‘My mum says you have a daughter,’ he stammered. ‘I’d love to play if she wants to.’ ‘Sarah!’ my mum yelled. ‘Come here, Tina’s son wants to meet you.’ Tina was Mum’s new friend who lived a few doors down. We’d only moved to the area two weeks before. Feeling shy, I walked to the door and hid behind Mum. A boy who looked about my age stood smiling on the doorstep. ‘Hi, I’m Jack!’ he said. ‘Sarah,’ I grinned. It was June 2002 and Jack and I were both 8, just a few months different in age. As the weeks passed, our mums became best friends. And Jack and I did, too. While our parents hung out, Jack and…

1 min.
win! £ 500 cash!

NUMBER JIG What was the highest official match attendance figure at the 2015 Rugby World Cup? Fit these numbers into the grid. One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 193 203 253 271 477 503 541 581 624 825 4 digits 1452 2360 2384 4870 5023 5027 5697 7232 7775 8927 5 digits 22551 23626 38743 56876 57869 60421 68431 71000 73328 73696 85015 89247 89267 6 digits 373207 739978 743985 787051 791362 802188 972462 7 digits 3117385 7448878 9318614 8 digits 64843711 WIN £250 Puzzle 2 SPIRAL XWORD WIN £150 Puzzle 3 The French colonial slave Edmond Albius invented the horticultural technique that made viable the commercial production of what foodstuff? The answer to each clue (apart from the first) begins with the last letter of the preceding answer. The shaded squares will spell out the one-word prize answer. 1 Red stalked fruit (7) 2 Time_, 1981 fantasy film (7) 3 Wage (6) 4 Young (8) 5 Game played with netted sticks (8) 6 The Theory of _, 2015 film about Stephen Hawking (10) 7 Mahatma_, Indian leader (6) 8 Touchy (9) 9 Number represented as XI in Roman…

1 min.
just genius

Money for nothing Old coffee tins are the ideal objects to decorate and transform into fun money boxes for kids. Mitra Zehtabi, Bristol Clear vision Wearing glasses with a mask means my lenses constantly steam up. A really easy solution is to rub a bit of soap on the lenses before carefully wiping it off. Janice Wood, Aylsham Fantastic elastic Don’t throw away old elastic bands. Wrap one around the end of a pencil and you’ll always have a handy rubber when it’s needed. An invaluable tip for puzzle fans! Valerie Crossley, Pevensey Bay Butter me up To remove chewing gum stuck to a carpet, rub the area with peanut butter and wait a while before scraping the gum off and washing the area as normal. Jeena Sumner, London In a pickle When you’re finished with your jar of pickled onions, decant…

5 min.
his lethal weapon

Chantelle Bowden, 30, Warrington Cracking open another beer, my friend nudged me gently. ‘I think Dean likes you,’ she teased. ‘Oh, bore off!’ I groaned, shrugging her off me. Yet, seconds later, there was Dean, standing right next to me. ‘You must be Tilly?’ he smiled, using my nickname. ‘It’s Chantelle, actually,’ I said, putting him in his place, albeit flirtatiously! And, just like that, the sparks flew. It was July 2013, and for the rest of the night, Dean had my full attention. He was 29, just shy of 6ft and had a bit of a bad-boy attitude. I couldn’t deny that made him more attractive to me. So when he asked for my number at the end of the night, I happily agreed. At first, we just had fun together, then we both realised it was a bit…

1 min.
how to wear… velvet

STYLE TIP A wardrobe staple for the festive season, a velvet dress is perfect for any event. STYLE TIP Pair a cropped cardi with a high waisted midi skirt to accentuate your waist. STYLE TIP Make a statement in velvet trousers. The wide leg, high waisted fit will elongate your legs. STYLE TIP We love mixing textures - pair velvet with faux leather for a chic ensemble.…