ZINIO logo
EXPLOREMY LIBRARY
Celebrity & Gossip
Chat

Chat 03-Dec-2020

Published by TI Media Limited Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Read More
United Kingdom
Language:
English
Publisher:
Future Publishing Ltd
Frequency:
Weekly
BUY ISSUE
₹ 69.79
SUBSCRIBE
₹ 3,988.20
50 Issues

in this issue

1 min.
welcome to this week’s chat...

This Christmas may feel different but you can rely on Chat to deliver your bumper festive mag. How did a stranger, 5,000 miles away, save Caroline’s son’s life as they enjoyed the season (p42)? What happened as Katy posed by the tree with her baby changed the course of her whole life (p49). And Kita’s soulmate was savagely killed in front of a high street packed with Christmas shoppers – the reason will shock you (p62). We’ve got mouth-watering make-ahead recipes (p32), masses of gift ideas (p55), festive style for whatever you’re up to ( 14), prize puzzles and more! Stay safe and well, and have a great Christmas!…

5 min.
’twas the night before christmas...

Megan Barber, 31, Worcester Pulling the duvet over my nose, I tried to stifle my laughter. ‘It’s gonemidnight!’ my mum Jane, then 41, boomed at us. Hands on her hips, standing in the doorway, she didn’t look too impressed. But peering over at my sister Paige, then 7, in the bed beside me, I exploded with giggles. She looked so sincere. She’d always had a good poker face. It was Christmas Eve and, as usual, little me and Paige were too excited to sleep. We’d been having pillow fights and playing ludo. ‘Go to sleep or Santa won’t come,’ Mum hissed, turning out the light. But it wasn’t long before Paige crept out of bed, switched the light back on. In fact, I don’t think we slept at all that night. Our Christmas stockings were still waiting for us downstairs in…

3 min.
how dare they?!

Stephen says, ‘I ran off with her sister, basically, yeah. It is what it is, mate. Like you say, it’s been a while ago now. To me, the regret was there, like, but it’s under the bridge now and we learnt to get on. Yeah, we did make a go of it and then I ran off and moved in with Paige a bit later on, after the third child.’ Palge says, ‘It was the biggest mistake of my life but I can’t help who I fall in love with. He was my first love, I don’t condone what I did, I was only young; as far as I knew, they’d split up. I can’t help who I fall in love with and I’m sorry for that. Now I wish I’d…

1 min.
win! £500 cash!

NUMBER JIG In April 2019, the third-largest rough diamond everdiscovered was found in Botswana. What was its weight in carats? Fit these numbers into the grid.One number doesn’t fit. This is the prize answer. 3 digits 136144331377378568590676875920 4 digits 12671589167317584288450353385543596164456743751683489456 5 digits 1731418863261064811049188557856398579021849288527390600 6 digits 165179310651363913 7 digits 638981368451459044875 8 digits 40678645575313186315564880411484 WIN £250 Puzzle 1 Your answer: PIECEWORD The Latin dos, the Serbian prikjaand the Iranian jahaziyeh all refer to what sort of ceremonial custom? The number next to the clue tells you which line the answer’s in. We’ve put a section in to start you off! There may be two Across answers in one line. Down words fill themselves in. The shaded squares spell the prize puzzle answer. WIN £150 Puzzle 2 1 Small, grey terrestrial crustaceans often found in gardens 3 Trick, swindle • Move to music 5 Notion • First light 7 Spooky, unsettling • Choose 9 Instruction, teaching Your answer: TAKE…

1 min.
just genius

Wool-d you believe it? When I have leftover wool, I knit small lengths and sew them together to make chains. They look lovely for Christmas or birthday celebrations and can be used again and again. Lenora Heath, Mansfield Make it pop! Every Christmas, we chop down a real tree, but to make it last even longer, and stay fresh, I feed it fizzy pop! Any supermarket brand of lemonade or cola will do. One or two cups a week will help it stay green and perky this festive season. Lisa Harrison, Newcastle That’s a wrap When wrapping presents, especially larger ones, do it on your ironing board to make things that bit easier. That way, you can either sit or stand while doing them up. Patricia Coleman, Hockley Nice and tight Stop rolls of Christmas wrapping paper…

5 min.
we’ll keep a candle burning

Stephanie Curry, 33, Liverpool Leaving the hospital, I reached for my husband Adam’s hand. It was July 2017 and we’d just been and had our 20-week pregnancy scan. It should’ve been one of the happiest days of being an expectant mum. Only, the consultant’s words were looping round and round in my head. ‘Your baby’s due date is 3 December,’ he’d told us. Was history about torepeat itself? You see, we’d been here before, at a 20-week scan. Only, that time in December 2016, we’d left knowing baby Louis had a severe form of the spinal condition spina bifida. We were told he’d need round-the-clock care, asked to consider a termination. I desperately wanted my baby. But we had to consider Louis’ quality of life. After sleepless nightsand shedding a waterfall of tears, Adam and I came to our decision. Heartbroken, I…