ESPLORALA MIA LIBRERIARIVISTE
CATEGORIE
IN EVIDENZA
ESPLORALA MIA LIBRERIA
 / Gossip e celebritá
ChatChat

Chat 18-Jul-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Paese:
United Kingdom
Lingua:
English
Editore:
TI-Media
Leggi di più
COMPRA NUMERO
0,71 €(VAT inclusa)
ABBONATI
40,59 €(VAT inclusa)
50 Numeri

IN QUESTO NUMERO

1 minuti
welcome to this week’s chat...

Our hearts go out to Harriet (p40) who is rebuilding her life after one terrifying moment changed everything for her forever. On her wedding night, Ginny ended up in A&E but it wasn’t down to any exciting bedroom gymnastics (p29). We all love our pets but Hazel’s loyal hound Bob will have a special place in her heart after he saved her from a silent killer (p46). On top of that we’re bringing the sunshine inside with our pick of the latest looks in sunset shades for your hols (p12) and your home (p27). Plus pages and pages of prize puzzles – hope you’re feeling lucky!…

2 minuti
chat to us!

I couldn't believe it when I had to push the car on my own wedding day! It certainly stopped traffic! Carol Firth, Burgess Hill Two local charities spread joy by landing a flock of flamingos on lawns. Our little Tommy, 3, was thrilled to wake up to discover his garden had been flamingoed! Lynne Newton, Spennymoor I adore this photo of my son Jack, 6, feeding a wallaby at a recent animal-encounter session. They seemed to enjoy each other's company! Alison Tucker, Edenbridge My husband Steve had a lovely time in Las Vegas and didn't stop smiling for days! I wonder why? Karilyne Parks, Harefield My daughter Emma, 9, enjoyed taking part in her extreme reading challenge for school by reading in our wheelie bin! Carole Forshaw, Southport My daughter Amber met the great John Challis, who played Boycie in…

6 minuti
a living nightmare

Emma Pidgeon, 38, Middlesbrough The minute John, then 28, walked into the bar where I worked, I fancied him. Slim and muscly with tattoos, John was seven years younger than me. Confident, fun. Just what I need, I thought. It was November 2016, and my 18-year relationship had broken up the year before. So I started going out with John. We had such a laugh together – he was a breath of fresh air after my break-up. Then, one night in January 2017, we arranged to meet in the local sports bar. ‘This is Paul,’ said John, gesturing towards his friend as he got a round of drinks in. Paul Maiden, 33, a scaffolder, seemed a nice bloke. At 6ft 4in and around 18st, he was huge. ‘Nice to finally meet you,’ Paul grinned, towering over me and…

1 minuti
blimey!

Drip into savings Save money on your water bill by using the condensation collected from your tumble dryer to water your indoor plants. Much better than pouring it down the sink! Sarah Jamieson, Benton Smart art Use this to brighten a dull bedroom wall. Draw a butterfly shape on card and stick on coloured pipe cleaners and beads with glue. Cut the body of the butterfly from plastic and paint it black, stick it on and decorate as you wish. Susan MacDonald, Catford Ice and easy For a quick, chemical-free way to defrost a fridge or freezer, place a bowl of hot water on the empty shelves and close the door for 10 minutes. The ice will come off in big sheets without the need to scrape or chip. Bea Wilkinson, Cullompton Peel off Shake garlic cloves in a pot…

5 minuti
‘not my boy, too’

Tracey Edge, 52, Bicester, Oxfordshire Double checking the kids’ seatbelts, I turned to my husband Andrew. ‘All set,’ I said to him, grinning. It was summer 2001, and we were taking our two children Melissa, then 9, and Marcus, 7, to Alton Towers. We loved family days. Theme parks, classic-car shows, barbecues... As long as we were together, nothing else mattered. I was 18 when I met Andrew, then 19, in early 1985. I worked as a bookkeeper in his dad’s petrol station, Andrew was manager. He was kind and caring. A true gent! As long as we were together, nothing else mattered We married in October 1990 and Melissa came along a year later, followed by Marcus in September 1993. Soon after, Andrew took over the business. Life was busy. In November 2002, Andrew sold the business so he could spend a bit…

5 minuti
rioter turned killer?

Life seemed on track for young, single mum Sian Roberts, 36. She had a good job as a hairdresser, a beautiful daughter, and supportive family. But slowly things started to go wrong. After her father died, and a series of break-ups, she began suffering depression. Then the loss of her mother in 2015 hit Sian hard. She turned to drugs and drink. An escape from reality. Despite intervention from her family, she spiralled, fell in with the wrong crowd. Soon after, Sian was introduced to Glynn (also known as Glyn)Williams. He was exactly the sort of man her family worried about. A notorious criminal. When the UK’s worst prison riot broke out in April 1990, Williams had been at the centre. One of the last five rioters brought down from Strangeways’ roof, bringing an end to the 25-day siege. Afterwards, he faced an…