• Viaggi ed Attivitá all'aperto
  • Lifestyle femminile
  • Adulti
IN EVIDENZA
ESPLORALA MIA LIBRERIA
 / Gossip e celebritá
Chat

Chat 07-Nov-2019

Published by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Chat is the most outrageous, inspiring, emotional real life title around. Packed with astonishing true stories, big prize puzzles and loads more, it's your unmissable women's weekly. Whether it's tear-jerking tales of triumph over tragedy, the most heart-warming pictures or the best of bonkers Britain, all human life is here. Beyond the rollercoaster ride of true stories, Chat is also jam-packed full of your favourite puzzles with big cash prizes, the canniest bargain shopping features, health advice you can trust, readers' tips, the latest telly news and loads more.

Paese:
United Kingdom
Lingua:
English
Editore:
TI-Media
Leggi di più
COMPRA NUMERO
0,71 €(VAT inclusa)
ABBONATI
40,82 €(VAT inclusa)
50 Numeri

IN QUESTO NUMERO

2 minuti
picture perfect

My husband Phil and our daughter Gracie, 4, enjoyed his last day together in Coverack before his three-month deployment with the Navy. Cathryn Wood, Helston My 1-year-old lurcher Marley looked very guilty, caught in the act chewing one of my sliders! Kay Embleton, South Shields We had so much fun at our wedding that the vicar even took a selfie during the service! A day I'll never forget. Sarah Walker, Carterton My mum Maureen, 74, and dad John, 77, weren't too impressed with this statue we found on a recent stay in a London hotel. They thought she was a bit of a big head! Esther Newton, Newbury Here are my great-uncle Len and great-aunt Bessie on their wedding day during WW2. They had an understated day but were happily married for almost 60 years. Richard Emerson, Grimsby…

5 minuti
handed over to evil

I smiled as my mum Tracy twisted my hair into a bun and gave me a kiss. ‘My little sprout,’ she grinned, squeezing my cheek playfully. I idolised Mum, hung off her like a monkey. Only, one day in the winter of 1995, when I was 4, a woman from social services turned up at my nursery. ‘Your mum needs a break, we’re taking you to live with another family,’ she said. ‘I don’t want to,’ I sobbed. I was confused, wanted to go home, to say goodbye to Mum, get my favourite dolphin soft toy… But I was taken straight to meet Rex and his partner, my foster parents. ‘Alright?’ Rex boomed, towering over me. I looked at the floor. I’d always been shy, but Rex put me on edge. My room was bare, just a bed and…

1 minuti
just genius

Declutter your freezer Before freezing food, remove all unnecessary boxes and packaging, tear off the cooking instructions and labels you need and tape them onto each one. Sue Clarke, Middlesbrough Safe and sound To stop my kids’ school artwork getting crumpled in their bags or ruined in the rain, I take an empty cereal box on the school run. It’s the perfect size to keep their precious creations protected. Kirsty McLean, Hull Clip your case If you’re forever losing your glasses case when wearing your glasses, clip it somewhere nearby – on the curtains, duvet, your clothes – and then you’ll be guaranteed to find it. Julie Phillips, Telford Handy holder A cardboard cup holder is a great way to keep your tablet in place if you don’t have a stand for it. Jennifer Shelden, Orpington Homemade fro-yo When my daughter’s yogurts are…

4 minuti
one step at a time

My mum, Madge, 88, sat in her armchair, gripped by her favourite game show, while I slumped on the sofa feeling sick. Bless her , I thought. It was February 2018, and even though she was nearly 90 and in the grip of dementia, Mum was still lovely company. As for me, I’d been laid up with a virus for a few days. The doctor said a bug had been going round, and I’d had to take time off from my secretarial job. Still, it’d been nice to spend time with Mum. Me and my brother, Anthony, 54, were her live-in carers. She’d spent most of her life looking after me and my six brothers, so now it was the least we could do. We’d take her out, buy her fish and chips by the coast. Now, yawning, I…

4 minuti
the ugly duckling killer?

Rachael Koloroutis and Tiffany Rowell were the pretty, popular girls at school. But they were kind, too. They noticed shy, awkward new girl Christine Paolilla straight away. Christine’s life so far had been tough. Her dad died when she was 2 years old. She’d been diagnosed with alopecia aged 5, and was bald by 7. She wore unconvincing wigs, had badly drawn-on eyebrows and thick glasses. She was bullied by classmates who would yank off her wig. But then she moved from Long Island, New York, to Houston, Texas. She started at a new school, where Rachael and Tiffany – who were in the year above – took her under their wing. They gave her a makeover and got her a better wig. The ‘ugly duckling’ was suddenly part of the popular crowd. And in 2003, classmates at Clear…

1 minuti
guilty

The jury rejected Christine Paolilla’s claims that Snider had forced her to shoot her friends. She broke down in tears as they found her guilty of four counts of murder. ‘It’s easy to blame someone if they’re dead’ After the verdict, Rachael Koloroutis’ father George read out a powerful victim impact statement to the court, saying, ‘My daughter didn’t die with a car wreck. She wasn’t hit by lightning. She perished at the hands of two evil people, cold, calculating, heartless. ‘Her picture never ages, while we do. Christmas, birthdays... There is always an absence, always a silence.’ As she was only 17 at the time of the murders, Christine Paolilla avoided the death penalty. She got a sentence of 40 years to life in prison. After the case, former prosecutor Rob Freyer said, ‘It’s easy…